Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Amazing Race 12-06-05 (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/amazing-race-12-06-05-a-574868/)

vegasnative Dec 6th, 2005 05:14 PM

Amazing Race 12-06-05

Did I miss the thread for this weeks episode? Sorry if I am starting an un-necessary new one.
I just have one thing to say...
PLEASE, OH PLEASE can "they" get eliminated tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful early Christmas gift that would be...ok so it was "2" things to say :-d

moldyhotelsaregross Dec 6th, 2005 05:17 PM

Just think how well a Weaver family voodoo doll set would sell. ((6))

Keith Dec 6th, 2005 07:06 PM

They weren't quite as bad this week. The main exceptions being refusing to leave their trailer at the overnight.

It wasn't until tonight that I realized that the taller of the three Bransen daughters looks like one of the boys in Hanson. When they dressed up for the photo, she looked like a boy in drag.

Two hour final next week!

Keith

Catbert Dec 6th, 2005 07:14 PM

I was pleased to see who got eliminated tonight. They were getting pretty nasty to eachother. The Lintz's seem awfully immature. So the Bransons have a new car and a lifetime of gas. Not bad.

brenandg Dec 6th, 2005 07:24 PM

Seems like the Godlewski's had a bit more family dynamics going on then was let on by the editors. I like the two who sat out looking for the golf balls.

I am really geeked to watch next week not only for the finale, but also the Whirlpool Jetboat segment in Niagara Falls. We did this a couple of years ago and what fun it was!!! Very safe, but yet exciting. We sat in the front row and many times were actually submerged under the water when they went through the rapids. They did give us some warning beforehand. For any travelers to Niagara Falls in the warmer months, definitely worth it. The tour is located in the small town of Niagara on the Lake,approx 30min from Niagara Falls.

SusanEva Dec 6th, 2005 07:32 PM

Agree Brenan! Ouch, the sisters were painful to watch. They had me yelling at the TV that they were wasting time with the golf course fighting, but hey, no one on my TV ever listens to me. Go figure :?

brenandg Dec 6th, 2005 07:46 PM

The Linz's behavior really doesn't much bother me, unfortunately, reminds me a little too much of my younger days. I think for siblings, they get along pretty well. Like the Branson's alot too, doesn't really matter to me "as long as it is not the Weavers"

jorr Dec 6th, 2005 08:00 PM

Catbert, a lifetime of gas might not be a good thing.

Suzie Dec 6th, 2005 08:22 PM

jor, LOL!
I was so hoping the Weavers would be Philiminated but alas not to be.

The sisters were really bad tonight. Sad to see as I am 1 of four. With only 4 years top to bottom we're not only close in age but close knit. I hated to see them be so hard on each other. It didn't look like things were going to be any better after the race.

OneWanderingJew Dec 6th, 2005 09:29 PM

I had a migraine last night and just woke up...so I gather the weasly Weavers are still in it. What a shame. I can't stand them!

moldyhotelsaregross Dec 7th, 2005 02:17 AM

At least we still have someone to yell at if the Weavers remain in the last episode. You know, the love to hate type relationship!

klam_chowder Dec 7th, 2005 03:58 AM

Yahooo...those screamers are gone. I felt bad for the Christ(ty/tine?) as she seemed to hope the race would bring them together. The larger sister with short hair always seems to give Chris(ty/tine?) a really hard time. Strange to see the smallest of them (Chris the one who talks all the time) was the one to put one of the other sisters on her shoulders.

I think the Lintzes are holding up pretty well in getting along with each other. To me their immaturity is of the harmless kind (cheesies falling out of the mouth, etc.) and they tend to keep it to themselves (i.e., they don't seem too obnoxious in public).

It was good to see Dad Branson keeping his team in the race (railroad and horse carriage tasks), and his girls recognizing it. I was getting tired of hearing them tell their dad to hurry-up, hurry-up!

Enjoy-la!

Shane Dec 7th, 2005 04:18 AM

I wonder if Christy is envied by her two older siblings. She's apparently happily married and the mother of four kids. On top of that, she has a fine figure for her age and amount of pregnancies. One of the older sisters who enjoyed attacking Christy is overweight and possibly unhappy in her life.

joan Dec 7th, 2005 04:37 AM

I agree with klamchowder, I'd much rather be a sibling to the Linz family than the Godlewski's. Man, that is one Grouchy Family. Glad to see 'em go. I don't agree with Shane though. None of them are overweight. They're just naturally unhappy!

I think the Linzes will win. They have more strength and brains than the others IMHO.

rb_travelerxATyahoo Dec 7th, 2005 06:11 AM

I could only hear last weeks show, so I enjoyed seeing the "confrontation" of the Weavers with the Linz's shown again & I look forward to seeing the run-in at the airport on next weeks show, except I know it won't be as much as the hype.

The Linz's "grossness" is harmless, immature, and kept pretty much "within the family" rather than public ... I don't think you could expect much different from three young guys at that age. Of the three teams, I too say "anyone but the Weavers". I admire the Branson's working together and respect for their dad, but also enjoy how the Linz's continue to find humor, optimism and excitement in everything that's happened so far.

JJ5 Dec 7th, 2005 06:15 AM

What poetic justice to have both Sharon and Michele (the two sour faced complainers and blamers) turn on each other within the golf cart context. I'm glad they are gone.

This race has had some great 1st place prices, and almost everyone has gotten one now. I wish someone would give me a new Buick Lucerne, even without the gas, because my car is 10 years old and do I need it.

Next week someone is going to be a million dollars richer. I was really surprised that the Weavers didn't pick the horse and wagon since they are horse people.

Barbara Dec 7th, 2005 06:44 AM

"I admire the Branson's working together and respect for their dad"

I disagree with the latter part of that statement. I think the Branson girls are not respectful towards their dad, and really are pretty nasty to him quite often.

The Linzes are my favorites, but so long as the Weavers don't win I'll be happy.

Shane Dec 7th, 2005 09:09 AM

Joan, you are too kind. As a connoisseur of feminine curves, Michelle has a lot of baggage on the derriere side. She should take Christy as an EXAMPLE and not belittle her. A running machine would be the perfect Christmas Gift for Michelle.

Catbert Dec 7th, 2005 09:13 AM

After Shane's earlier remark I had to go look at pictures on the cbs website. I didn't notice any of them being overweight. Oh please.

klam_chowder Dec 7th, 2005 09:40 AM

At the risk of getting flamed...I have to agree with Shane.

One of those sisters, (the one with chin length hair, and sits on the far left on the backseat when the camera is on them), may not be overweight but then she's got large bones!

Enjoy-la!