Alternate Baltimore hotels?

Oct 7th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Alternate Baltimore hotels?

We need a hotel near the convention center in early Nov. The big ones on the Inner Harbor are too expensive. Can anyone suggest a smaller, not so fancy hotel that we can walk to the convention center from? Thanks!
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:47 PM

I just did a search for exactly the same thing in late October and came up dry--even the Days Inn was $159. My guess is that conventions and Ravens games really keep the downtown hotels full and therefore able to charge top dollar.

The closest thing we could find was several independent hotels in the Mt. Vernon area--a nice area but quite a hike from the convention center.

We decided to bag the idea of staying downtown and reconciled to booking a hotel in the suburbs, driving, and parking. The airport (Linthicum) area has many very reasonable hotels ($70-$80/night), and if you don't drive during rush hour, it's about a 20-minute drive each way.

Good luck!
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:31 PM

Try any of the hotel discounters (Priceline, Quickbook, Hotwire). I have gotten great deals for hotels near the Convention Center.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:52 PM

I've had great luck with Hotwire and Priceline for Baltimore (Priceline more so than Hotwire, lately). Have booked with one or the other more than a dozen times in the last two years. So far, I've always gotten either the Hyatt or Renaissance, both of which are very nice, for $100/night, or less.

Search this Thread