Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   All Inclusive Resorts / Hotels in Colorado? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/all-inclusive-resorts-hotels-in-colorado-921454/)

abetterword Jan 26th, 2012 03:22 PM

All Inclusive Resorts / Hotels in Colorado?

My fiance and I will be staying in Estes Park, Boulder, and / or Colorado Springs area this spring and are trying to find any All Inclusive Resorts, or All Inclusive Hotel Packages. I was surprised at how few I have found so far, but maybe I am not looking in the right places? Lost Valley Ranch was the only one that seemed like it might be an option. I would really like to find a nice Hotel that has this.

jill_h Jan 26th, 2012 04:08 PM

this information was forwarded to me by an acquaintance and I have no personal knowledge of this place, but it is all inclusive.

http://www.majesticduderanch.com/

fmpden Jan 26th, 2012 04:11 PM

The reason you found so few is because all inclusive resorts are very rare in Colorado. Curious ? Why the push for all inclusive?

janisj Jan 26th, 2012 04:38 PM

Why do you want an AI? Is this a ski vacation? Can't really see much advantage to an AI in any of those towns. And especially an AI hotel package - do you really want to eat every meal at the same place?

fmpden Jan 26th, 2012 04:38 PM

The above reference by jill is not any where close to what you requested. It is in the far SW corner of the state and only open during summer months. And to expand on your request - Boulder is a college town and while great as a college town it is so so from a tourist perspective. The RMNP associated with Eates Park the town will have limited access in the Spring because of all the snow that is still there. And Colorado Springs is OK but I am not a big fan of CS simply because there is not much there. But the Broadmoor Hotel in CS is terrific. They might have an all inclusive package and would be the closest to meeting what you may be looking for.

abetterword Jan 26th, 2012 04:43 PM

that is a good point. I supposed the reason for AI is simply trying to find places that are within our price range. For instance, i think the St Julien hotel looks very nice, but it seems very expensive for what is essentially a hotel room. It would be nice to have food included in a place such as that and then go do what you want to do. or maybe just a few meals idk.

janisj Jan 26th, 2012 05:09 PM

"<i>For instance, i think the St Julien hotel looks very nice, but it seems very expensive for what is essentially a hotel room. It would be nice to have food included </i>"

The food isn't free - AI's fold the cost of meals into the rates so they generally don't save you much (or any) money. The main benefit is convenience. You can control you costs by not going the AI route and eating places that fit in your budget

abetterword Jan 26th, 2012 05:36 PM

@janisj - you make a strong case. i am just trying to find nice suites we wont spend a fortune on at this point. all the nice places, broadmoor, etc, are through the roof imo.

janisj Jan 26th, 2012 06:04 PM

Well, AI won't solve that problem. The Broadmoor is an expensive place.

What is your budget?

historytraveler Jan 26th, 2012 08:23 PM

I have to agree that AI is not really a feasible idea. I have no ideas on Colorado Springs other than the Broadmoor but not especially fond of it either though most people are impressed. I do think Boulder is a good option but, again, need to know your budget. The St. Julien BTW is the most expensive place in Boulder. There are other options and some great places to dine in Boulder in a variety of price ranges, and it's an easy trip to Estes Park from there. You said you were planning on visiting in spring but when/what month? There can be quite a difference in weather etc. between March and May.

abetterword Jan 27th, 2012 04:09 AM

@janisj - something in the ballpark of $200 a night rather than $300 will keep us within our budget. Here is the place we are staying in Estes Park, would love to find something like it around CO Springs:

http://www.dellaterramountainchateau.com/

@historytraveler - We are going in May, is the weather usually bad that time of year?

abetterword Jan 27th, 2012 05:08 AM

"Hotel salento is a nice hotel with an affordable price."

link? The only one I could find was in Colombia, which I'm sure is nice, but would a slight detour for us :D

Nelson Jan 27th, 2012 05:10 AM

May weather is a crap-shoot. Can be absolutely perfect blue sky and pleasant temperatures day after day, or there can be a freak blizzard for a day. A big snowstorm around May 16 two years ago snapped a lot of branches down here in Fort Collins.

Normally it's very beautiful though, with the lower slopes and foothills turning green and still a lot of snow up in the alpine zone. Typical postcard scenes.

Have a great trip.

Gretchen Jan 27th, 2012 06:05 AM

Well, yes, the Broadmoor IS expensive.
You should be able to find hotels at a reasonable rate in each of those places in May--it's a 'tween season.
Why don't you go to hotels.com and look at each town and see what is there.
All inclusive may work well in the islands and resort areas, but Colorado isn't geared to that--and it is pretty limiting, since you would be tied to that hotel for meals, when there is good dining elsewhere.

DebitNM Jan 27th, 2012 06:09 AM

Hotel Salento - a new poster; with just this post. Troll??

abetterword Jan 27th, 2012 07:15 AM

@Nelson - Thanks for the great advice & insight!

@Gretchen - I have been scouring hotels.com. The problem is the majority of the results are typically regular hotel rooms, sometimes with a jetted tub, etc. As its more of a honeymoon trip I have been trying to find nice suites, much like the Della Terra example I provided above. It's been tough sledding to find anything under $300 a night however.

PeaceOut Jan 27th, 2012 07:42 AM

I agree that AI isn't the standard in Colorado, especially in Boulder. Maybe because many tourists come here to explore the outdoors, and don't plan on staying at the resort all the time.

You might have better luck looking in more remote locations in the state.

Devil's Thumb Ranch, near Winter Park, has this special:
Sweetheart Getaway
Reconnect at the Ranch. Our romantic package includes lodging for two, breakfast in Heck’s and trail passes, plus sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries in your room. Starts at $305/night for standard lodge room, $385 for loft cabin. Call for details and to book.

Subject to availability. Prices subject to change. Not applicable for group stays or previously-booked reservations. Based on double occupancy. Each additional person charged separately.
http://www.devilsthumbranch.com

Here's another one at Redstone Inn:
CURE FOR CABIN FEVER!
2 night Getaways begin at $390.00
Your getaway includes lodging for 2 nights, a four course dinner for two in our Historic Dining Room or the Bar & Grill and a continental breakfast each morning. You will also choose from a carriage/sleigh ride OR a 50.00 coupon per night to be used for any services, amenities or food and beverage during your stay.
http://redstoneinn.thegilmorecollection.com/

I also saw a Steals & Deals segment on the Today Show this week. There was a package in Crested Butte, but that's a long way from where you plan to visit.

Good luck. I will try to think of other packages.

PeaceOut Jan 27th, 2012 07:48 AM

This is the Crested Butte special:

Colorado Mountain Resort Vacation Package from iCouponOnline.com
Retail price: Over $1356
Discount price: $659
Percent discount: 50%
Promo code: TODAYELEVATION

iCouponOnline.com is offering TODAY viewers a voucher at a deep discount that’s redeemable for a vacation to the Crested Butte Mountain Resort in Colorado.

They are offering two trip options: One for the winter and one for summer.

The summer package, which is available between June 1 and Sept. 29, 2012, also includes three nights lodging at the Crested Butte Mountain Resort in a King Mountain Valley View Room. It also includes all-day lift tickets for hiking and biking down the mountain, two days of tickets at their adventure park, a $30 spa credit and $125 credit for food and beverages.

The adventure park features a climbing wall, bungee trampolines and an 18 hole miniature golf course.

Transportation and airfare to and from your departure point and parking fees are the responsibility of each traveler. This deal does not include flights.

You must be 21 years old to purchase the voucher, and they’re redeemable based on availability. Please read the FAQ on their website for full details, conditions and restrictions.

Once you purchase the voucher, you’ll receive an email in 48 hours with further details on how to redeem it. For more information and to buy the $1356 voucher for a vacation for $659, click here.
http://todayshow.icoupononline.com/products.html

Gretchen Jan 27th, 2012 07:58 AM

Well, maybe a different set of cities. Go into the ski resorts and look.
As someone said, Boulder is a cute town, but......
In the Vail valley there should be some places toward Ewards that are nice. I saw one on Groupon one time that was gorgeous.
Aspen?
Steamboat Springs?
Just noticed that Peace out suggests the same thing.
If you want the CO Springs area, take a look at Manitou Springs.
Take a look at guest ranches--maybe another term for AI.
Estes Park should have some cabins/resorts.

PeaceOut Jan 27th, 2012 08:25 AM

Guest ranches are a good idea. I know of this one:
www.clazyu.com