Notices

Alaska in Three Weeks

Feb 12th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Alaska in Three Weeks

We are flying to Anchorage in June. Party of 4. We are contemplating mixing the tour between the Alaskan Marine Highway and a motor home. We have three weeks and are leaving from Anchorage as well. Anyone know the best itinerary for our situation? We plan to fish some while we are there also. I think we would enjoy both salmon and Halibut as well. Wondering what a good itinerary {without being held too much to a clock} and the resources would be? Thanks in advance.
Feb 13th, 2013, 03:24 AM

Anchirage is a very nice to visit in alaska. Salmon is great place for fishing, I would prefer this Salmon. There are some nice accommodations as well. Here is a link which can help you to find good accommodation services.
http://www.bestwesterngoldenlion.com/
Feb 13th, 2013, 06:34 AM

The Kenai peninsula is good for fishing. We did 3 weeks in a RV in Alaska and had a fantastic trip. We preferred staying in the state parks as they were usually more scenic and quieter than the commercial RV parks.

You'll get more responses if you read the previous threads and trip reports on Alaska and create your own initial itinerary.
Feb 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM

You could do the Kenai Peninsula--lot of fishing and Denali.

You could also add Valdez and Fairbanks. Alaska is huge so look at the distances. I don't know how long you want to drive each day. If driving, you will want to get The Milepost--even an older edition for driving info.

Anchorage to Seward to Homer(halibut capital of the world, I think)to Whittier(stay in a campground in Girdwood)Take ferry to Valdez, then head possibly to Fairbanks, stopping???? and then Denali, maybe the Mat-Su Valley and back to Anchorage.

Search this Thread