Alaska Airlines Info

Search

Alaska Airlines Info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alaska Airlines Info

Hi everyone. I've been looking at some flights from Canada to Oahu or Maui for next May and have found that Alaska Airlines are providing the best pricing at this time. (I may be looking too early ?) I'd be coming from Canada via Seattle then direct to the Islands. I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been with this Airline. I've never used them before or really heard much about them.

Thanks for any help.
Sadie
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM

My experiences with Alaska airlines has always been good. I have not flown the routing you are contemplating, though. If you can get a good price and good routing and schedule, I would not hesitate. You may not be too early as I find that the flights book up and the fare starts rising early. If you think it's good Grab it ....
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:14 AM

Since I live in Seatte, Alaska is the airline I use most often. They are pretty good--not as good currently as they were in the past but still a cut above most of the other domestic airlines IMO.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM

I flew a couple of times, no complains. If the schedule and price are right, I would not hesitate.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM

I fly several times a year, usually to/from SEA and from there,
to/from ANC or SNA. My overall impression is that they are a very well run airline and definitely a cut above the rest.

They have a systemwide fare sale now in effect: http://tinyurl.com/mw4wkd but you must book by September 10th.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:52 PM

I flew Alaska non-stop RT from Portland to Maui a couple weeks ago. Certainly a no frills flight compared to Hawaiian Air, which flies the same route. No movies or music, but you can rent a digiplayer. Food is available for purchase in Coach...either a snack box or simple meal such as bento bowl. One good feature is that First Class upgrades are only $150 each way...IF available on day of flight. I was able to do it on one of the flights, which made the experience much more enjoyable. The airline got me there and back on time, so OK by me if price is right.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
FWIW, Alaska has one of the more lenient and cheap re-booking policies if for some reason you need to cancel.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:48 PM

I live in Alaska and fly with them regularly. We have always had great experiences with them, and they have an amazing mileage plan. I'd say go for it!
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. That makes me feel a lot better about booking with them. I'm going to watch the fares over the next couple of weeks before I book.

Sadie