Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Alaska Airlines Airfares - Travel from midwest to Seattle
Notices

Alaska Airlines Airfares - Travel from midwest to Seattle

Jan 9th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Alaska Airlines Airfares - Travel from midwest to Seattle

I have 'use or lose' vouchers for Alaska Airlines that I must use by a certain time. For the dates I'm looking at - airfare is about $200 each way. Do you think there is any chance those fares will go down - or will they continue to go up as they are getting booked? I usually don't watch flight prices until I"m in the market to buy - so am wondering if there is any benefit to waiting another couple of weeks??
Thanks for your opinions.
Jan 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM

WE don't even know from exactly where you are flying, or on what days of the week you're going to have to fly.

Not only that, but we don't know how far OUT you are from your intended travel dates.

IF one had the flexibility to fly only on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays, then perhaps the fare could be expected to dip (if one were lucky) maybe down to $160 each way... but IF you are someone who is stuck needing to fly on weekend-ish days, you should probably buy now in the $400 round-trip range, and not need the further headache and uncertainty.

It just isn't worth the aggravation for what little you could save if you were fortunate.
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you - I'm somewhat flexible but Alaska has that Fare Locator feature so I"m able to view the price for all days. I just didn't know the liklihood of it dropping below the current rates according to the FareLocator.
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM

Without knowing a more specific time frame or the origin point, you're asking for pure guesses. Is it one-way or round trip, for example? Is it on Alaska metal or are parts of the trip on partner metal?

Anybody who thinks they can outsmart airline yield management programs is delusional, but even so, without more to go on the exercise is pretty pointless.

Search this Thread