Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Aladdin or TI for a group of 25 women in their mid 40's.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family is going on a long weekend in May to Las Vegas, but can't decide where to stay. What is best, Aladdin or TI???
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:31 AM

Aladdin is more central. From what I've read and seen (have been in both, but stayed at neither) they're both nice places.

Aladdin has been advertising $89 special rates for some nights. Not sure if it fits your dates or not, but the deal I saw was through www.travelzoo.com so check there for specifics.

What are your interests in heading to Vegas? That may influence your decision somewhat.

And off topic, but I'm curious so must ask - Your family consists of 25 women in their mid-40s??????? Is this very, very extended family or what?
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:11 AM

25, 40 something women? In one group? Look out Las Vegas!! Go crazy, it will stay there, as they say. Perhaps we can see you dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly or contributing an undergarment?

Take Aladdin hands down. I have stayed at TI but not Aladdin..however have many friends who have. Newer, better location, ammenities, etc. That's what I would do.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:29 AM

I haven't stayed at either, but I'd vote for the Aladdin. GREAT shopping there! We really liked walking through the shops. Visit the Italian sandwich & gelato place for good sandwichs, soups, etc for a reasonable price (we had lunch for two for around $20). They have great coffee too.

-Sandra
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 08:43 AM

I have stayed at both of these hotels and enjoyed the Aladdin over TI. The Aladdin is more centrally located. Also I found the rooms to be nicer then TI. The bathrooms are very big, they are almost the same size of the rooms. I am sure that will be helpful if you have a couple of ladies trying to get ready to go out for the evening. I also like the shopping mall they have at the hotel.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 09:58 AM

For a bunch of women?????

ALADDIN hands down!!!!

The biggest standard room I've ever had in Vegas was at the Aladdin. I went with 4 girls for my bachelorette party and we could seriously fit 3 girls on that gigantic kind bed... the 4th girl had a pull-out sofa bed and was very comfortable! 4 girls to a room was a snap at the Aladdin. And, the bathroom!!! Two large, separated counters with full sinks - perfect for 4 girls trying to get ready to go out for the night. Separate shower and bathtub - bigger than my master bathroom.

Have fun!

Just beware - the buffet at Aladdin is very expensive! $25 pp for breakfast. Yes, it's very nice and has lots of variety, but I just can't bring myself to spend twenty bucks for breakfast. And, there's rarely a line (at least when I was there) for the buffet... Maybe because of the price?

Have fun!!!!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 10:09 AM

Not sure where that buffet info came from, but it's incorrect. According to http://www.vegas.com/searchagent/res...taurantId=3455 the prices for the Spice Market Buffet at Aladdin are as follows:

Breakfast: M-F 8a.m.-10:30a.m. $12.99
Champagne brunch: Sat-Sun 8:30a.m.-2:30p.m. $20.99
Lunch: M-F 11a.m.-2:30p.m. $15.99
Dinner: Daily 4p.m.-9:30p.m. $23.99

which is about what I remember seeing on the sign outside the buffet when I was there 2 weeks ago.

We ate twice at the Paris Le Village Buffet for lunch (around $18) and it was amazing. I've heard the Spice Market Buffet is just as good, if not better!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Sorry - it's only $20.99 (not $25pp) - my mistake... The $12.99 price above is only M-F - and since we're usually there on weekends, it's the higher price every time for us. Buffets are more and more expensive nowadays.

Oh - I have to give props to the new Dishes buffet at TI, though. Reasonably priced, never a line the entire weekend we were there in December, and good buffet fare. And, REAL ICE CREAM is served in their dessert area. I can't freakin' stand paying twenty bucks for a buffet and being offered nasty soft serve you'd find at McDonald's. TI had real ice cream - and more flavors than Bally's (who, by the way, tried to get of their real ice cream a few years ago and went to soft serve and have since come back to serving real ice cream. thumbs up for Bally's on that decision.)
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 06:03 AM

Which is best for what?
Remember that the Aladdin is 'transitioning' into Planet Hollywood. I would avoid it for that reason alone. That could be a draw for most people though (and they are banking on that).
You will probably find more things of interest closer to you at the Aladdin that it TI.
I stay at TI more often than anywhere else. I love it. I don't follow all of the 'Aladdin hand down' posts, but it does sound like the Aladdin fits your demographic better than TI.
You didn't mention what your interests are or what you plan to do on your trip. That may effect which place is better for you.

Have Fun.
Mark
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 02:15 PM

Defintely go with Aladdin.
Be sure to visit the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. It's a fun atmosphere with a wide variety of stores. The Bellagio buffet is definitely worth the money. Have a great time! I loved Vegas!!!!
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

After visiting both hotels last week, my Mother decided to book the Aladdin for her family vacation. The rooms are much nicer at the Aladdin (specially the bathrooms, huge). Having a shopping center and many options for restaurants was a major plus for her. Also there are a cople of night-clubs in the hotel that are a perfect match for some of the ladies traveling with the group. Thanks for all your advice.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 07:47 PM

Aladdin all the way. The rooms are large new and clean. The staff is awesome, and it has the best buffet in town. The only hotel better than the aladdin is THE HOTEL at Mandalay Bay. Value for the $ Aladdin.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 04:57 AM

Fundad - ponchotj has already made the decision to go with the Aladdin. But you can't seriously be saying that Aladdin is better than Mandalay Bay (outside of THEhotel), Bellagio, Venetian, Mirage and the soon to be Wynn?!?!? And, have you actually stayed at all of them to know this?
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Alladin--and be sure to have breakfast at Paris directly across the street. Only $12.95 for a "breakfast" that is really a brunch, that is outrageously delicious--don't skip the made to order crepes!!
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 06:53 PM

Stayed at Aladdin twice and if you read I said it is the best value for the money it is a great room. The Hotel is the best in Vegas and yes I have stayed there. I have stayed at others but was only recomending my fav's. By the way best prime rib diner in vegas is in the 24 hr. cafateria at San Remo's great salad warm buns prime rib with all the fixins for 5.95 unreal.