airfare to orlando

Jan 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

airfare to orlando

In looking at flights to fly in July. I'm finding Air Tran 252/pp for connections and Southwest 188 one way/pp. So trying to figure out the game here, will they go down a bit or just go up from here. Trying to figure out a reasonable price pp and also when is the best time to buy. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Jan 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM

Flying from what airport???????
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM

You can safely buy Southwest and change at a later date for no change fee. So if price goes down, simply rebook and get the lower price. I don't think they'd refund any money but would put it in a fund for you to use on some other trip. Southwest also has does not charge for the 1st 2 checked bags.

Even though Southwest bought Air Tran awhile ago, Air Tran still operates under its old pricing scheme. So they still charge a change fee and for checked bags.

I'm finding it difficult to tell what you're comparing in your post. Is $252/person on Air Tran round trip? If so,that's a pretty significant difference from $376/person with Southwest if you can keep your checked bags to a minimum. But if you're going to check at least one bag, you might be best off with Southwest and rebooking when the price goes down.

And yes, knowing which airport you fly out of would be helpful.
Jan 21st, 2013, 03:21 PM

I have been flying from the Boston area to Orlando for years and the price goes up as you get closer to the date. I have never seen it go down. The best time to buy your ticket is now. July is a busy month in Orlando.
Jan 21st, 2013, 05:28 PM

EVERY month is busy at the airport which serves the number one tourist destination in the world...I agree with buying the tickets now.