Notices

Airfare to NYC for holidays

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Airfare to NYC for holidays

We're going from Myrtle Beach to LGA on 12/26-12/30 and the most convenient flights are running high. Should I book or wait? Thanks,
lise
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 03:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you really must travel during the holidays I would book now - before all seats are gone. (My next door neighbor is already shut out of Orlando - at any price - on the day she wants.)
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 03:33 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lisely

The short answer is "yes".

I have a son in San Diego and another in New York who come home to St. Louis for Christmas. I have learned to look for their flight home beginning late summer. The first year I did not do this for the one in San Diego and he had to come thru Houston and the flight times were miserable and it was not cheap. American Airlines now only has one direct flight daily from San Diego to St. Louis. As soon as I see the flight starts to fill up, check this easily on the AA site I book.

Have a little more wiggle room from LGA to STL but again book early. It is the only way to get on the flight you want. Last year the LGA flight did come down but if you call AA they will issue you a travel voucher.

I don't even want to think about the $$'s I have spent because there are just not bargains around the holidays. It is my Christmas present to myself and I save for it all year.

Best of luck.

Sandy
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 04:22 PM
GoTravel

Considering your dates are peak season and you only have a little over 2 months, airfares will only go higher.

Spirit Airlines flies direct to LGA and Hooters flies direct to Neward.

Independence Air flies direct from Charleston.

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I'll go ahead and bite the bullet.I LOVE NYC during the holidays, it's just...magical ! I did see some great deals on hotels the week of Christmas 12/19-12/23. Some were discounted by almost half!