Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

AH! Have NYC Lion King tix- but no restaurant reservations!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:20 AM
Ali

Need a place to eat for this upcoming week- nothing too fancy but nothing with a 2 hr wait!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:23 AM
x

If you make a reservation, you won't need a 2 hour wait. Most restaurants in the area are good about getting you out before showtime.

Given that you couldn't think to make a reservation, I'm guessing you might like the Chili's on the corner of 8th and 42nd.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:50 AM
Frank

Try Chevy's on 42nd between Broadway and 8th Avenue. Suprisingly good Tex-Mex for a chain and excellant frozen Margarita's. Not sure if they take reservations.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:54 AM
xxx

And whatever you do, don't wear a coat, or you'll miss the show!!!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:56 AM
Howard

There are many, many restaurants to choose from in the area without having to resort to Chili's or Chevy's. Two questions: What price range? What type(s) of food?
If you make the reservation for 6 p.m., you'll be okay. The restaurants in the theater district are quite experienced in getting you to the theater on time!
But, you better decide soon and make reservations, especially if it's a weekend.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:05 AM
x

If you wear a coat and check it,would you please promise us that you will not tell us about the nightmare of retreiving said coat? Merci.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:14 AM
hmmm

HI Ali...in case you are lost regarding the coat check comments...read "nightmare at tavern on the green" Its a pretty entertaining thread but a little too much bashing for my tastes

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:31 AM
Beth

To X: give it a rest, your're rude. You seem to have excess time on your hands - why not go volunteer somewhere and help someone?

Ali: Try looking at Zagats.com for some ideas, you can search my location, type of food, price etc. If you see something that interests you "search" or ask on this board to see if anyone has some experience at the same restaurant. Enjoy Lion King!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:33 AM
lion

Try Becco, the restaurant owned by TV chef Lidia. I've forgotten the address, but it's walkable from the theater district.

Good Italian food, efficient service, resonable prices, and the waiters will move quickly if you tell them you have a theater time to make.

Depending on your mood, you may want to ask for a table in the back "atrium" room. It's bright and airy -- no smoking. The other rooms are a little dark, but maybe that's the atmosphere you want.

P.S. We had little or no problem getting our checked coats.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:35 AM
Michelle

Correct website for Zagat is zagat.com. No "s".