My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy Filagra FXT
- 2 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 3 Italian Provisions
- 4 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 5 New York in 5 days
- 6 RV Grand Canyon
- 7 girls trip / oregon
- 8 Newport Beach restaurants
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 Expedia
- 11 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 12 10 day California Trip in July
- 13 I need help
- 14 Vacations in New Orleans
- 15 4 days in Miami
- 16 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 17 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 18 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 19 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 20 Las Vegas TR
- 21 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 22 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 23 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 24 NY theater district restaurant
- 25 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?