Advice on Charleston SC & Savannah GA

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Meharvey

Advice on Charleston SC & Savannah GA

My wife and I are going to Savannah and Charleston in July 2003. We really enjoy gettting involved in the local culture, dining, and accomodations. Does anyone have advice on any of these areas? Especially upscale accomodations in Savannah/Charleston?

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Arabella

Best place to stay in Charleston, imho, is Two Meeting Street, a B&B located on the battery.

Also, is July the only time you have available? April or May are much prettier months, and September is a tad cooler and less crowded.

There is an incredible amount of info on these two cities in recent posts. Try doing a search for each city.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:44 AM
elaine

In 5/00, we stayed at Governor's House Inn in Charleston. The owner of Governor's House is the daughter of the owners of Two Meeting Street. My husband and I would return to Governor's House when returning to Charleston.
www.governorshouse.com

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:28 PM
winegeek

the charleston inn is a quirky but nice place to stay. but the real deal in charleston is the food.

the charleston grill
magnolias
slighty north of broad (s.n.o.b.s)
high cotton
just to name a few. post something on Chas'town dining and you be amazed

bon appetit!!!!

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 12:19 PM
bill

We travel to Savannah or Charleston almost every year on our way to Hilton Head, so we have stayed at a number of B&Bs. In Charleston, I would recommend Two Meeting Street, John Rutledge House, Maison DuPre and the Vendue Inn. In Savannah, we have stayed at the Ballastone Inn and loved it. The restaurants recommended above for Charleston are all excellent.