Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Advice in Naples (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/advice-in-naples-1689667/)

Pamlover Sep 12th, 2020 05:15 AM

Advice in Naples

Hello
We are a retired couple and we want advice on a hotel that we can go to in Naples, FL that is not expensive but especially that cleanliness is its main quality. In these times of pandemic, we believe that it is the most important thing. And some places to visit, eat, etc.
Thanks, friends.
Pamlover

RoamsAround Sep 12th, 2020 07:54 AM

Your term “not expensive” is meaningless without a dollar point of reference. Please give an actual price range you are willing to spend. Also, are you looking for something close to the beaches, the town center or would something a bit further from the beach area suffice.

Just so you know just about every major hotel/motel chain have multiple locations in Naples and the surrounding areas. All have taken extra precautions to insure their respective properties are compliant with Covid-19 guidelines. You can get further details about these precautions on the various hotel websites.

If you do a simple internet search for “Naples hotels” you’ll find plenty of links and reviews for the hotels.

There are literally hundreds of restaurants in Naples and plenty more in the surrounding communities - everything from inexpensive fast food to very high end gourmet dining and in every type of cuisine imaginable. What type of food appeals to you? And what budget range are you seeking.

Likewise, there are all types of “things to do”. What kind of activities interest you? There are boat tours, fishing trips, golf, museums, hiking trips, nightclubs, theater, nature parks, alligator farms, airboat rides, jet skies, and much, much more. Again, what kind of budget do you have for entertainment?? Do an internet search for “Things to do in Naples” to get and idea of what is available and price ranges.

Pamlover Sep 13th, 2020 08:25 AM

Thanks...

Originally Posted by RoamsAround (Post 17155690)
Your term “not expensive” is meaningless without a dollar point of reference. Please give an actual price range you are willing to spend. Also, are you looking for something close to the beaches, the town center or would something a bit further from the beach area suffice.

Just so you know just about every major hotel/motel chain have multiple locations in Naples and the surrounding areas. All have taken extra precautions to insure their respective properties are compliant with Covid-19 guidelines. You can get further details about these precautions on the various hotel websites.

If you do a simple internet search for “Naples hotels” you’ll find plenty of links and reviews for the hotels.

There are literally hundreds of restaurants in Naples and plenty more in the surrounding communities - everything from inexpensive fast food to very high end gourmet dining and in every type of cuisine imaginable. What type of food appeals to you? And what budget range are you seeking.

Likewise, there are all types of “things to do”. What kind of activities interest you? There are boat tours, fishing trips, golf, museums, hiking trips, nightclubs, theater, nature parks, alligator farms, airboat rides, jet skies, and much, much more. Again, what kind of budget do you have for entertainment?? Do an internet search for “Things to do in Naples” to get and idea of what is available and price ranges.

Thank you very much for having answered me. I really did not formulate the question well but your comment helped me.

Pamlover Sep 13th, 2020 08:26 AM

Thanks

Thank you very much for having answered me. I really did not formulate the question well but your comment helped me.
Pamlover

J62 Sep 13th, 2020 03:16 PM

There is excellent public access at Naples area beaches, and large parking areas at several of them including Vanderbilt and Barefoot. Hence there is no need to pay for proximitiy to the beach - anything along US41 will be close enough. Be aware that at rush hour it can take ~30min to get from one end of Naples to the other, so if you plan to out to dinner "downtown, on either 5th Ave S, or 3rd St S then you would not want to be too far north. But as roamsaround stated there are 100's of restaruants in the area, all over the place, and several clusters at Venitian Bay, Mercato, and other places so definitely no shortage of options.