Reload this Page >

advice for cheap hotels near kennedy space centre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 04:27 PM
doug

Please suggest reasonable and nice hotels near the Kennedy Space Center. We shall be in florida in early January. Thanks.

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 08:00 PM
ronr

My family was at Cocoa Beach in October. We primarily went for our kids to visit the Atlantic Ocean and the Kennedy Space Center. We found Cocoa Beach to be pretty cheesy, but we enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree Cocoa Beach. The staff was very friendly, and the restaurant was pretty good.

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 02:14 AM
Cindy

Try the Holiday Inn on Atlantic Ave. They were having some kind of price break a while back, but I don't know if it's still in effect. We go to Cocoa Beach every year and love it.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Kam

To be close to Kennedy Space Center, you really only have 2 options... Titusville or Cocoa Beach area. We stayed at Cocoa Beach, actually 1 block from the beach and really enjoyed it. As for cheap stays, Motel 6 etc. I think on the Kennedy Space Center website, they have a link for area hotels/motels.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Judy

As another option there's about
every hotel/motel immaginable at the
north entrance to the Orlando International Airport. Most are very new and in a beautiful area. This
location puts you just a 30 min.drive to Cocoa/Cape Canaveral; 30 minutes to the Orlando theme parks and attractions
area; and 30 minutes into downtown Orlando. Just an option.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 05:57 AM
xxx

I just saw a 3 star hotel in Cocoa Beach on www.hotwire.com for $39 per night (plus tax). These change constantly, but I would give it a whirl before I just went to a motel 6!

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 11:23 AM
Stephanie P.

Doug:

Go to: Lodging.com. They give you nice hotels at a discount.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 01:55 PM
al

You should be able to pick up a good rate at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach. Luxury it ain't, but it's a nice complex on the beach in a good location. You should be able to get a room in the $75 - $85 range and if you have AAA (or fake it) probably even a little cheaper.