(Advice) DisneyWorld - Honeymoon?

Jan 17th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

(Advice) DisneyWorld - Honeymoon?

Need help. Sis is planning her honeymoon at DisneyWorld or Universal Studios. Problem is the wedding is the end of July. I've been to Disney several times but during the winter months when Florida weather is perfect. How brutally hot is it in July in Orlando? They do not want to wait to go on there honeymoon. Any advice?
Jan 17th, 2004, 06:24 PM

I have been to both Disney and Universal in July. Yes it's HOT, HOT, HOT. At least at Universal if you stay in one of the on-site hotels you get automatic express access and don't have to wait in lines. We jsut went to the parks early and took an afternoon break (it usually rains in the afternoon anyway) and then went back to the parks in the evening. The good news is, the parks are open late in July. Go to www.disboards.com for all the info you could ever want on both Disney and Universal.
Jan 17th, 2004, 06:44 PM

Even after living in Orlando for 18 years, June thru September is still almost unbearable.
Jan 17th, 2004, 06:56 PM

You are going to melt! My advice would be to hit the parks when they open in the morning and again in the evening. Relax by the pool during the day if possible. Congrats!
Jan 18th, 2004, 04:19 AM

Yes, we visited end of June, and it was very hot with brief intense showers some afternoons.

Epcot has many indoor attractions, so you can get out of the heat.We were most comfortable at the water parks in the afternoons. Magic Kingdom was the only major park that was near impossible to tour during the day, mostly outdoor attractions and very crowded. The evening here was more pleasant and the parade is excellent.
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:47 AM

My husband and I had our honeymoon at WDW during the first week of August, and yes, it was HOT! However, it was also a lot of fun. Take the advice that the others have suggested: 1) go to the parks early, when they first open; 2) take water bottles in with you and drink lots during the day; 3) leave the parks mid-day and go back to your hotel for a swim and/or nap; 4) go back in the evenings--it will stil be hot but at least the sun isn't beating down on you; 5) take advantage of "fast pass" at WDW; 6) have FUN, FUN, FUN! Congratulations to your sister!
Jan 18th, 2004, 12:08 PM

Yes it is going to be very hot. And after the intense rains it going to be a sauna. WDW Guest who stay in the park get early entrance, Use that to your advantage and get a early start every morning. During the heat of the day take advantage of the water parks, even us 45+ year old enjoyed that during our visit.