Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Activies for Toddler in SF (specifically Noe Valley area)

Old Nov 14th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I'm travelling to visit family in January and am looking for small activities to keep my toddler occupied. I would like to keep to the Noe Valley area to eliminate the need for transportation. Suggestions for good playgrounds, drop-in toddler classes/groups, etc. would be great!!

Also, I have an infant as well - what kind of stroller would you recommend using in SF? A single stroller with BabyBjorn or a double for both kids? A regular Graco type or a jogger? We will be staying in an apt. a few blocks from my family so we will be walking that quite a bit. Thanks!

Old Nov 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM

I don't have any first hand advice as I have no children and am a few hills over from Noe Valley.

I would suggest that you check out http://www.craigslist.org

There's a parenting forum there where you're sure to get plenty of tips and advice.

It's all free and THE resource for San Francisco locals.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 11:10 PM

You couldn't be staying in a more kid friendly neighborhood than Noe Valley.
You can manuever the streets of Noe Valley with a double stroller if it's front and back double. 24th street..the main "drag" in Noe Valley is filled with them. There's a drop in info center(still I think) on 24th street(and Castro) called "Natural Resources" You should be able to find all sorts of info there. There are gymborees, mom and baby yoga classes, the park at Douglas and 24th etc. etc.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 11:13 PM

You might also check out "Day One" on California Street which has lots of parenting info. Craig's list is a good idea . If you put your kids in the stroller and head on over to Starbucks in Noe Valley you should run into all sorts of people with strollers who might be able to give you ideas as well.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 03:54 AM

There is Douglas Playground up at 24th & Douglas like PamSF mentioned. There is also a tiny park on Diamond St & 24th. The Randall Junior Museum is right near by--as it is on top of a hill (I can not remember the actual name of the hill) you may need a car. They have rabbits and such for kids to pet and look at.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 11:36 AM

The Randall Museum is really a neat spot - even for the view alone. That's Corona Heights hill - the dog run there is a favorite as it has an excellent view of downtown - and it's always fun to see rock climbers repelling down the hill from the bottom half of the park below.