New York Palace Hotel worth it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're thinking about staying at the New York Palace hotel. Has anyone stayed there? What are your thoughts? There's currently a promo for getting the 4th day free on a holiday weekend. It breaks down to $390 a room.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:43 AM

I stayed there several years ago and absolutely loved it. The public areas are lovely and the location is perfect for what I like to do in NY. We had great service but as that was awhile ago it may not be relevant. The room size was very good for NY standards and the furnishings were much higher quality than what I have found at Westons or Hyatts.

Hopefully you will receive responses from others who have had more recent stays.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 12:11 PM

We stayed there quite a few years back at the suggestion of a business associate who always stayed there. He gave us the suggestion to request a room ending with a certain number, we did and got it as he says you nearly always will. Now I don't remember what that number is, but they are the rooms at the northwest corner of the building. I'd think you can request it that way as well. Although those rooms are (or at least used to be) the same price standard rooms, they are much larger, have windows on two sides so seem more open and higher ones have nice views as well.

Old Jul 29th, 2008, 08:33 PM

I stayed at the New York Palace last October and loved it. I am going back again this october. I arrived at the hotel at 8 AM, check in was at 3 PM. They gave me a room at around 10 AM. The room I had was on the very top floor, close to the executive lounge. We had breakfast and afternoon tea at the lounge. The concierge was very helpful with giving us names of well priced restaurant serving great food. Usually when you stay at these high end place, the concierge mostly recommends high end restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel.
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 03:34 AM

I think the Palace is so-so. It's pretty good, but not great. the location and lobby are great, but the rooms are ok. depending on when you go, 390 could be a decent rate,though. It's often lumped in with some of the better hotels in new york and I just don't think it's quite as nice as it thinks it is.