A day in Naples, Florida

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A day in Naples, Florida

My wife and I are planning to drive from Boynton Beach to Naples for the day to meet up with friends. Since we have never been to Naples i am looking for suggestions for " how to spend the day" including restaurant suggestions. We love the beach; walking; wife is an avid photographer; having a drink by the ocean. Planning on staying for a sunset and then driving back to Boynton!
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:45 AM

We used to have a lot of visitors when we wintered in Naples.

They liked being driven down Gordon Drive to took at the mansions. Then we would park near Naples Pier and walk south along the beach behind those mansions. Beaches are not private in FL, so as long as you don't trespass, you can rubberneck all you want.

Most of our visitors were young and liked to go to Tommy Bahama's for lunch. It was an easy walk from the Pier. There is better food within walking distance but it was a scene. There are many more places to eat in the Third Street South shopping district. Many like Campiello's, but I had the second worst inning experience of my life -- well, maybe third -- there. The Fifth Aenue shopping/ dining area s nearby.

For more money, you can have lunch or your sunset drink at the Ritz Carlton right on Vanderbilt Beach in North Naples. If you are looking for budget meals, I can recommend a few of those.

Naples is very beautiful, once you get away from US 41. I hope you have. Pleasant day.

With luck, NeoPatrick, the expert on all things Naples, will see your query.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 09:00 AM
J62

I agree with Ack re Naples Pier and 3rd St. South for lunch.

For a drink or lunch on the beach, I prefer La Playa over the Ritz (it's ~200 yds north of Vanderbilt, opposite direction from the Ritz). The patio at La Playa really is right on the beach.

If you want a more varied, picturesque beach day consider different beaches @ Clam Pass, Delnor Wiggins, or Barefoot beaches. Those are all county or state parks, so housing free stretches of beach. Same sand, same sun, same water. My fav beach is Clam pass, as I love the lazy river float in or out (depending on the tide) of the back bay.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 09:42 AM

Don't forget to eat the pizza in Naples!
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 11:39 AM

Yes, Clam Pass is great. Before we owned, we rented at Naples Cay, just below there. The beach is almost always quiet. When my wife and I walked from Delnor-Wiggins to the other end of the beach, we actually waded across at low tide. We did this walk in stages, on foot the whole way except for Doctors Pass, which was too active for us to try.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:00 PM

Ridgeway Bar and Grill-3rd St. S.=Excellent