Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   A Boulder dining red flag (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-boulder-dining-red-flag-731136/)

fatmarge Aug 22nd, 2007 05:30 PM

A Boulder dining red flag

Laudisio:
I recently ate at Laudisio and needless to say it was by far the worst dining experience I have ever had. While the food was mediocre it was the service that destroyed our dinner. Our waiter was a complete jerk and that is an understatement. We were served stale bread oddly after we had eaten our appetizer and the dirty plates were never removed from the table. Our drinks were never refilled and after we got tired of waiting for the bill and staring at dirty plates I flagged down our missing waiter. Knowing we were disgruntled he had the nerve to ask us if we wanted dessert in a very sarcastic and rude tone. I will never go back and find it funny that they are suing the city of Boulder. The last thing this restaurant could handle is more customers.
P.S. Just when we thought we were the only ones being neglected the table beside us got so frustrated they simply walked out, which is what I wish I had done.

furledleader Aug 22nd, 2007 05:36 PM

How BUSY were they?

fatmarge Aug 22nd, 2007 05:56 PM

I should have mentioned that they were about 50% full

furledleader Aug 22nd, 2007 06:08 PM

How many waitstaff were there?

fatmarge Aug 22nd, 2007 06:25 PM

They were well staffed...even if they had been short handed the service would still have been inexcusable. This comes from someone who has worked in the industry my whole life. If you don't mind..Do you work there?

DebitNM Aug 22nd, 2007 06:31 PM

<i>needless to say </i> what an odd first time post. You aren't a former employee are you? or perhaps a city employee <i>find it funny that they are suing the city of Boulder.</i>

janisj Aug 22nd, 2007 06:48 PM

you took the time to register tonight to post <i><u>this</u></i>????

call me a skeptic - but by any chance are you 1) a recently fired employee, 2) a competitor, or 3) something to do w/ city hall . . . . .

Patricia_Green Aug 22nd, 2007 07:16 PM

I am sorry you had such a bad experience, fat marge, but was that your first time dining there? We consider a visit to Laudisio a special dinner for us.

DebitNM Aug 22nd, 2007 07:19 PM

I think this is an example of &quot;post and run syndrome&quot;.

furledleader Aug 23rd, 2007 03:50 AM

No, I do not work there. I haven't even eaten there.

I've had worse dining experiences than being served stale bread, having to ask for my drink to be refilled, and having to ask for my check. If that's all it took for me to become disgruntled, I'd be a lot more disgruntled than I am.

Your description of you waitperson being a &quot;jerk&quot;, &quot;sarcastic&quot;. and &quot;rude&quot; tells me nothing. Those are very subjective terms that can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people; and since you seem to be so easily disgruntled, I will take your intention of those terms with a huge grain of salt.

Like the others here, I find it interesting that you used your very first post to rip on something. To me , that raises a red flag....... ABOUT YOU!!

sundown Aug 23rd, 2007 12:39 PM

I hadn't heard about the lawsuit, so I Googled it. Here's the details for anybody interested: The restaurant isn't suing the city. They're suing the developers of the shopping center they moved into. The expectation was there'd be a million shoppers there a year. Instead, a grocery store that was to be an anchor isn't coming and a movie theater is a year behind in construction. I've never heard of the restaurant (I don't make it to Boulder all that often) but they've been in business for 20 years.

BoulderCO Aug 23rd, 2007 01:30 PM

We went to Laudisio's many times when they were at their old location and enjoyed it . The service and the food were very good. However, we recently visited Laudisio's at their new location and did not have a good experience. Service was very rushed and when my wife found a worm in her salad they acted like it was no big deal. The took it away and came back awhile later saying &quot;one of our cooks is a biology student and he thought the worm was not hamful&quot;. No manager came by and there was no offer to comp anything. Needless to say we have not been back. They may have bigger problems than the lack of foot traffic in the mall

wtm003 Aug 23rd, 2007 01:55 PM

Thanks for the warning and the additional review from BoulderCO. Even though The Denver Post food critic gave Laudisio a good review, the service does sound lacking and I'll probably skip it.

Dukey Aug 23rd, 2007 02:23 PM

&quot;The took it away and came back awhile later saying &quot;one of our cooks is a biology student and he thought the worm was not hamful&quot;

Right THEN you should have demanded that the &quot;biology student&quot; come out and EAT the worm in front of everyone in the place.