90/120 Minute Resort Preview

Sep 9th, 2009, 08:04 AM
njs
Original Poster

I am trying to plan a Orlando trip with wife and 2 toddlers.
I saw an advertisement for $129 Disney World Vacations which includes

3 Days/2 Nights at Ramada Resort
Guest - Room Sleeps 4
2 Tickets for 1 Day Disney World

Now the reason I am posting is that I want to know what happens during the
"90/120 Minute Resort Preview", as I would have to go there with wife and kids.

Is it easy to get out of it and still get the rest of the deal? Any tricks or tips would be great.

Thanks much
Sep 9th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Maybe I am skeptical but this sounds too good to be true.
Sep 9th, 2009, 08:24 AM
njs
Original Poster

Check this out

http://www.orlandodiscountticketsusa...vacations.html
Sep 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM

No you can't get out of it. It is a promotion to sell time shares. You don't attend -- with your spouse and usually without the kids -- you don't get the deal.
Sep 9th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Nobody I know would do it again...EXTEMELY hard sell...
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM

It is most definitely time share sell. You must be income qualified. Both you and spouse Must attend.

I did something like this with my 2 young kids to get free admission tickets to WDW. It was absolutely not worth it, no way.

I don't know what the Ramada Resort is like, but we stayed in a Ramada in Phoenix overnight while driving to CA. and we slept in our clothes and did not even use the shower it was so awful.
Deb
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Run away fast
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM

If you don't want a timeshare, don't do it. The "Sales Pitch" will run longer than they promote, and you will waste your valuable vacation time.
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
njs
Original Poster

ok so it does not make sense. I needed at least one positive reply and did not get any.
Sep 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM

I'm not sure if people referring to the hard sell are talking about Orlando resorts in particular, but we did this once on Kauai and it was not a hard-sell at all. The only bad part of the promotion is that they give you the worst rooms in the resort (first dibs go to owners, then to people paying the full price, then to people on promos)
Sep 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM

Last year I booked 2 rooms with an on line company and got 2 rooms for under $100 for 3 mights including tax.
I think the site was the one that was just given to you.
I talked directly to the company on the toll free number and said I didn't want to take a tour I just wanted a cheap room. Everything was done on line and I printed my reservations and got some extra from the hotel like free tickets to citywalk at Universal, Late check out, get hotel but I think that they are closed The Clarion at Universal?
Sep 9th, 2009, 02:09 PM

When is your trip? There are many good deals out there especially if you are a Florida Resident and travel this fall. Check out http://www.orlandoinfo.com/falldeals...ando_FallDeals.
Also check out AAA on line.
Sep 10th, 2009, 05:22 AM

My time, as well as my pain & suffering, are worth way more than that...just say no.
Sep 10th, 2009, 06:18 AM

95% of the people attending these type of "presentations" are there for the freebies. Just keep your mouth shut,and show NO INTEREST!! We went with friends to Cancun, they are "presentation pros" and they managed to swing 4 free boat trips, etc etc etc. We benefitted from their "fortitude" lol
Sep 10th, 2009, 07:10 AM
JJ5

Honestly, if you do any research at all and take the combo deals- you can get very, VERY good deals at WDW on property and wouldn't have to go through any of that.

You are not paying $80 a day per ticket etc. as figured on any WDW combo deal. You can even get free food in the combo now.

I would never, ever take this Ramada "special". That's also a completely different type of vacation.

You aren't going to be saving as much as you think at all.

My daughter got a deal in June this year that gave them park hoppers and meals plus 3 free days lodging on a specials combo package. WDW was very expensive in the past. Right now it truly isn't if you do any research and take their combo package specials.