Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

9/11 Memorial area attractions and breakfast places

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a Student Council group of 38 people (28 junior high students, 10 teachers) visiting the 9/11 Memorial on a weekday at 10:00 am during the first week of June. Can you give me any ideas on a place to eat breakfast in the area? It doesn't have to be a sit down restaurant. Just a place the kids might enjoy. If not, we are staying near Madison Square Garden. Maybe if there is a good place nearby we could eat there first before taking the subway to the Memorial. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on other attractions near the Memorial. Possibly Wall Street, Stock Exchange, or St. Paul's Chapel? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 07:03 AM

The Irish Hunger Memorial is also nice and nearby

http://www.batteryparkcity.org/new/V...r-Memorial.php
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM

I don't think the stock exchange is open to the public anymore - but I'm not positive - but Wall St. and St. Paul's are good to visit.
On the corner of B'way and Wall St. is Trinity Church and its interesting old cemetery. One block east on Wall St. is Federal Hall Museum, where Washington took his oath of office.

I can't think of any breakfast place that can accommodate such a large group - maybe others can help with that.
Most breakfast places are small delis where you can pick up an egg sandwich or bagel, etc., or coffee wagons on the street that sell rolls, muffins, etc.