Notices

6days in Miami in the first week of May

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6days in Miami in the first week of May

We are going to have a conference in Miami in May so 3 of us decided to go there earlier and look around. We have 6 days and I'd like to go outside Miami as well. We are going to stay in youth hostels so I really need advice on that. We have 2 boys and one girl. First time in USA. If we can just get your recommendation on what we should do for this week, I would appreciate it very much.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM

Miami and Miami Beach are actually 2 different cities - which one?
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Original Poster

Are they far away from each other?I know the South Beach and the city are divided by a bay. It's the city we are going to have the conference but I'd like to stay at the beach for a couple of days.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 05:17 AM

Miami and Miami Beach are not far apart. In many places, they would be in the same city. Are you going to have a car? If not, it will be difficult to move around Miami and almost impossible to get to places outside of the Miami area. You should think about spending part of your trip in the Everglades. It's an easy day trip from Miami (with a car). I can't help on hostels - but there are many inexpensive hotels. What's your budget?
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for you reply. I'm not sure if our liscence is valid in US. What's the rate for renting a car in Miami?If possible, we do prefer driving around ourselves.
Please, recommend some inexpensive hotels. the buget,not more than $50/night?
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 07:23 AM

$50 a night for hotels in major US cities is dangerously low. I can't in good conscience recommend a hotel anywhere in Miami Beach that would be near that rock-bottom rate. Having said that, there IS a hotel in Miami Beach with hostel facilities and rates:

www.clayhotel.com

Check NOW. You are talking about a group of three young adults, I hope.

Car rental rates vary from vendor to vendor. International travelers will pay more, often you are required to buy additional insurance, and if you are all under 25 years of age the rates skyrocket. Miami and Miami Beach are relatively small; if you're on a miniscule budget, you'd best resign yourselves to mass transit and the occasional taxi.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 07:29 AM

Okay, if you mean $50/night total, then you should go with the hostel. There's one on Miami Beach http://www.clayhotel.com/location.html and one near the Everglades http://www.evergladeshostel.com/. I have never been to either but the locations aren't bad. Both have info on how to get there by public transportation. However, Miami does not have a good system so you may be better off renting a car. The US honors most other countries' licenses but you should do a search to confirm this for your country. Consider just renting a car for the day you want to go to the Everglades. You would not have to change hostels if you did that.