Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > 6 hour layover before flight where to go?
Notices

6 hour layover before flight where to go?

Jun 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

6 hour layover before flight where to go?

There's a 6 hour layover between flights so I was wondering whether the light rail will bring me to St. Paul. Also, in 2 hours what do you recommend I should see.? I looked online and the most historical sites are St. Paul's Cathedral and Summit Ave. Can I see that in about 2-3 in time for my plane?
Jun 29th, 2009, 11:28 AM

I don't think the light rail goes to St. Paul. You can check out the map here: http://metrotransit.org/rail/index.asp.

Have you ever been to Minnesota? You could take the light rail into Minneapolis and wander around downtown (maybe check out the sculpture garden at the Walker Art gallery if it's nice out). Or, the Mall of America is a very easy light rail trip from the airport!
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:01 PM

The light rail does NOT go into St. Paul.
Mall of America is a good destination if you want to shop or eat.
If you want to sightsee take the light rail into downtown Minneapolis and find the StoneArch Bridge area along the Mississippi River. There is a good museum called the Mill City Museum,the Guthrie Theater is worth seeing for the architecture, good restaurants nearby....SpoonBridge restaurant is right across the street from the Guthrie and has nice food. There is a good modern art museum in the vicinity at the University of Minnesota called The Weisman if you are ambitious walkers or want to take a cab.
Enjoy your visit!

Search this Thread