Notices

50% Off Hotel Rooms - Entertainment Book

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 01:37 PM
Katrina

50% Off Hotel Rooms - Entertainment Book

Everyone keeps talking about the 50% off hotel coupons in the Entertainment Book. How do those coupons read? Do they list specific hotels, dates, etc.? Just wondering if they can be used at other hotels besides Renaissance and if there are blackout dates listed. Thanks in advance for any info.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 02:13 PM
lisa

The entertainment book has coupons for certain things (various percentages or dollar amounts off activities, restaurants, stores, etc.), but for hotels you just use the card that is included when you buy the book, which entitles you to 50% off participating hotels all over the U.S. and a few foreign countries. Specific hotels accepting the discount are listed in the book and also listed on their searchable website at www.entertainment.com. However, the list is not necessarily comprehensive. I have called some hotels that are not on their list and asked if they accepted the entertainment discount and have received it (e.g. Hanalei Bay Resort on Kauai, which was not listed in their book last year -- not sure if it is now -- but which did give 50% off -- although I would not go there again personally). Bottom line: search their website, but if there is a particular hotel you are interested in that is not listed as participating, call them anyway and ask. Also, with chain hotels, sometimes you need to call the chain's 800 number and also try the individual hotel's 800 number directly, because sometimes you will get different answers and different/better rates either way. Good luck.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 02:15 PM
lisa

Forgot to mention -- all the hotels have different blackout dates, many of them around major holidays. Also, you may not be able to get the discount even during a non-blackout time, if the hotel is already more than 80% booked. However, in October I had no trouble using it -- I guess it's not a busy travel time.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 03:40 PM
Katrina

Thanks Lisa for the info. I checked the entertainment book site and didn't see the hotels listed but will check again. Also, we are planning for Hawaii Oct. 26 thru Nov. 9. I just checked the weather and it seems Kauai gets a lot of rain the closer it gets to the end of the year. The other islands it doesn't seem nearly as bad. What part of the year were you there?
Thanks again.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 05:45 PM
Lani

Katrina,

All the islands get more rain in winter (Nov. - April) but if you stay on the South Shore (Poipu area) of Kauai, you will be just fine, even in winter. Also, a lot of hotels that give the
Entertainment discount aren't actually listed in the Entertainment book so just call the hotel and ask. You should have no problem getting the "E" rate that time of year. There's not that many dates blacked out anyway, other than really high season, Christmas week through the end of March. Good luck!

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 09:18 PM
Donna

We have an entertainment book courtesy of our first-grader grandson. So far, I have only received one positive response when attempting to book hotel rooms. Otherwise, they "no longer participate" or "not for those dates". Gee, I tried to book a room in Worcester, MA in October for March. "Entertainment rate not available those dates". Please...the only thing going on in Worcester, MA that weekend is Stars on Ice (which we are planning to attend, hence the need for a hotel room).

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:36 AM
lisa

Katrina -- We were on Maui Oct. 7-12 and on Kauai Oct. 12-17. The north shore did get a little bit of drizzle while we were there but nothing major -- maybe 20 minutes on three separate days. The south shore was sunnier but we still liked the beauty of the north shore better. On Maui we stayed in Wailea (at the Renaissance) and had perfect, perfect weather -- absolutely gorgeous, and the hotel was wonderful.

The hotels are definitely listed on the entertainment.com website. If you type in HI for Hawaii you can then access a page that will let you search the hotels. You don't have to type in a city if you don't want to.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 08:01 PM
Lani

Donna,

I have never used my "E" book here on the mainland for a hotel, although I always do so in Hawaii. The selection of hotels that accept it here is very limited, at least in the South and Northeast areas that I've traveled, and I don't buy mainland editions for that reason.

But for Hawaii, they are well worth the money!

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 03:13 PM
pc

I've used the Entertainment card for Hawaii for a number of years. Last year we Aston and Outrigger properties with the card for June. One of the nicest places is the Renaissance Wailea in Maui. It is beautiful and does take the card in all categories. I believe their number is 1-800 9wailea

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Nancy

I am in Canada, and where do I get the Hawaii Entertainment Book with coupons for 2002?

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 05:00 PM
N.R.

www.entertainment.com

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 08:20 AM
carol

I'm a big fan of the entertainment card for travel purposes. Last year the Aston Kaanapali Shores was in the book and we received 1/2 off. This year for some reason it was not in the book but I called the hotel directly and they said that they did still honor the entertainment card. What a bargain!!