5 Star Hotel in D.C.........Any Suggestions

Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

5 Star Hotel in D.C.........Any Suggestions

Hi. Im planning on staying one night some where in D.C. with my 12 year old daughter(as a b day present) I'm looking for a luxury nice hotel that's near a good shopping mall. I have been looking into the Ritz's, but not sure which one would be the best. Any helpful tips, comments, or informations would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you, Ingrid
Mar 22nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
emd

The first one that comes to mind is Ritz Carlton Pentagon City (just across the 14th St. bridge from D.C., in VA- but you can see the Washington monument well form the upper floors on the sid ethat faces D.C.!) Great mall for shopping w/a girl that age for a special occassion. The hotel is attached to the mall, but it is a nice Ritz. Second one that comes to mind is the Ritz at Tyson's Corner. That one is not attached to the Tyson's Corner Mall, but there you have two malls and lots more great shopping than even Pentagon City- you have Tyson's Corner mall and Tyson's Corner Center, bot chock full of great stores for her. If you want some time to do something in D.C. (maybe dinner there?) then go to the Pentagon City one- The metro runs right through the mall so you can hop on to go to dinner or easily take a cab. There is also an area next to the mall there called Pentagon Row, w/even more shopping and places to eat.
What a great thing to do for her- she will love it. There are really no good malls in D.C. Your best bet is Pentagon City.
Mar 22nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
E

I agree w/emd...if a mall is a priority, I'd go with the Ritz at Pentagon City, b/c it would still be easy to take the Metro into the city for sightseeing, dining, etc. Tyson's is a super mega mall, but getting into the city from there is time consuming, esp. given you'll only have a couple of days. While there are fun shopping areas in the city, there aren't any proper malls. Enjoy!

Search this Thread