Search

4th of July Fireworks hotel Seattle

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th of July Fireworks hotel Seattle

We are thinking about a quick trip to Seattle for 4th of July
Looking for a hotel near Pike Place that we could see fireworks from...
If we stayed at Edgewater or Inn at Market or Inn at Harbor Steps.

How about a dining spot (Space Needle?

Any other sugestions? We don't want to drive or deal with large crowds
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you don't want to drive or deal with crowds, I'd suggest one of the high-rise hotels, getting food to-go, and watching the show from your room.

Edgewater and Inn at the Market are both fairly low-rises... I'm not sure about their view of the fireworks.

Also note there are 2 different displays each 4th in Seattle... one on the Waterfront, and another even more elaborate from Gasworks Park on Lake Union.

I'm thinking someplace high and facing the right directions (maybe the Westin or Warwick?) you could see them both.
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
If rooms are still available, I'd check out the Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union - www.scinns.com - from which the Lake Union show is spectacular.

Or, for a lot of fun and not requiring a hotel with view, the Argosy Cruises Lake Union fireworks cruises (with or without dinner) are fabulous. They leave from the central waterfront, go through the Ballard locks, and park more or less directly under the displays on Lake Union, then they drop you at a dock on Lake Union and bus you back downtown.

I imagine they might have Elliott Bay cruises for the Ivar's display but am not certain.

Just checked - sold out for Lake Union but dinner/cruise on Elliott Bay is still available - http://www.argosycruises.com/themecruises/#fourthroyal
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Silver Cloud is a good idea, also I believe there's a Marriott on Lake Union, which would be good.

The big fireworks are by Lake Union or Elliot Bay, so either a place by Lake Union or downtown (which would be near Elliot Bay) would be good.

We live on the Eastside and I love to go to the fireworks at Lake Union. We have dinner at Harborside (McCormick & Schmicks) and can watch the fireworks from either the restaurant or the dock outside the restaurant (if we're willing to deal with traffic going home.)
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

txs Garyloo,,I checked with SilverCloud and they are sold out.

I also checked with Residence Inn (Marriott) Lake Union..rooms available 299.oo a night but not sure if you can see Lake Union fireworks...will call tommorrow.
I read somewhere the LAke Union Wood Boat festival was that weekend too so was wondering if you could see fireworks Lake Union from somewher down there and if would be walkable from Residence Inn

Old May 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The Center for Wooden Boats is indeed walkable from either the Courtyard or the Residence Inn. The park at the south end of Lake Union will be mobbed, but the walk back to the hotel after the fireworks will be quite short.

The hotels may have space on their roofs for guests to watch the show - don't know.
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM

I would try for a corner room at the Grand Hyatt facing northwest on a high floor--that should take in both fireworks shows.

Old May 13th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone tried the La Montagne restaurant on LAke Union?

Would it have a view of teh 4th of July firewrks and what part of teh Lake is it on? Would we run into traffic?

Would you suggest another restaurant near Silver Cloud or Residence Inn Lake Union that wouild be a nice restaurant for our 30th wedding anniversary?
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM

Daniel's would be my choice for a special occasion dinner in the Lake Union area (steak/seafood in a nice atmosphere).

I'm not familiar with La Montagne.
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Txs much NWWanderer re: 30th anniversary dinner.
Txs too Suze and Artlover and of course GArdyloo.
I was able to get a resv high room with a lakeview balcony at Residence Inn Eastlake LAke Union

I really wanted to go home..for 30th Anniversary and am so tahnkful for the ideas.

We will definately go to Daniels..
Probably will drive 1 day to Woodinville..we used to own a home not far from Chateu Ste Michelle winery..should never have sold it...

Does anyone know if Pike Pl is open on Friday July 4th?
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Just an FYI, I called Residence Inn and while they can not guarentee a view from teh hotel because of teh trees they were very nice to mk a note to request a high level for us...

Still woindering about Pike Pl Market if open on 4th of July..and I read something about a new trolley at Lake Union but it did not mention where you p/u and where it goes. Seems like this might save some driving...?
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:49 AM

The market should be open on the 4th--but check their website to be sure.

The trolley passes right by the Residence Inn so I'm sure the hotel staff can direct you where to pick it up. It goes as far as the Westlake Center downtown (6th and Olive).
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:11 AM

I just called the Market office, YES they will be open on the 4th of July.

The new Seattle Streetcar has just one route. From South Lake Union to the corner of 5th & Olive downtown.
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Txs everyone..I appreciate ck on Pike Pl..and the trolley.

Will book airline tickets now...and txs again for helping mk our short 30th anniversary trip a nice one.

Old May 15th, 2008, 04:22 PM

No problem. I'm here in Seattle and just called from my office, down the street to their office.

Actually the streetcar terminates at Westlake (not 5th) just before Olive , I walked by there at lunch today.