This forum has always been of tremendous help to me. My brother in law turns 40 on 24th October. I am extremely close to him and would like to gift him a weekend getaway some where close to Princeton. It's a surprise (my sister knows about it).
They would be travelling with a four year old..
- beautiful, quiet romantic place (but not too boring for a four year old)
- the drive should not be more than two hours one way
- good scenic walks/ river walks etc a definite plus
- a place where they can relax (if it has an indoor pool even better).
I am looking to spend about $150/night. A little bit more or less would be fine. They would leave Princeton on 22nd night and be back on 24th.October.
I am really not familiar with this area...and that is why am asking in such an uninformed way. I am sorry about that.
Hope I will be able to book something for them soon....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dulles to BWI
- 2 Our next summer trip
- 3 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 4 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 5 Family winter holiday
- 6 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 7 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 8 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 9 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 10 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 11 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 12 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 13 Muir Woods - new rules
- 14 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 15 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 16 Padre Islands
- 17 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 18 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 19 NASHVILLE
- 20 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 21 4 days in San Diego
- 22 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 23 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 24 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 25 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?