New Year's Eve Concert in NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every year I post about the Concert for Peace at St. John the Divine which is this Friday night at 7pm. The concert goes until 9ish and is a wonderful event.

THIS YEAR however, the New York Festival Singers are part of a new venue in the City, a concert at St. Paul's Cathedral (59th and Columbus Ave).

St. John's told us that our services were no longer needed (and they haven't been able to replace us).

OUR concert on the other hand should be terrific, we are doing Beethoven's 9th Symphony with a full orchestra the newly formed Empire Symphonia, and we are going to be doing more concerts in the near future with this orchestra.

The concert is free (a donation if you wish), and anyone interested just show up at the door at 6:30. The concert is from 7-9pm so lots more time for celebrating.

If you are interested in the concert, please let me know and hopefully we can take a few minutes after the concert for a dinner or whatever.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A HAPPY 2011!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, can you believe that it is 2011? Wow the years are flying now...............
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 03:51 AM

I'm at friends again all evening this year but if I weren't. It would be a great thing to do before heading to Central Park to watch the run and the fireworks.

Happy New Year to you too. Let me know about future concerts.
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Will do Sue. Sorry you can't make the event, it should be a nice concert.
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Last topping, and a Happy New Year gang!!!
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the 2 fordorites who came to the concert last night from the UK. It was GREAT MEETING YOU.

Sorry those of you in the New York area couldn't come so plan to put this concert on your radar for next year as it was a smashing success.

For a brand new orchestra, they were WONDERFUL and I misnamed it. It is the Empire State Sinfonia, 40 misicians strong under conductor Joseph Jones. The chorus this year was 130 singers.

For a very first concert at St. Paul's we had almost 600 in the audience and after the Beethoven we got a huge roar from the crowd and a standing ovation, my first standing ovation, it sure felt great.

I ushered for the program and at the end the church had baskets for donations and I'm sure got almost $2,000 so the church was able to cover all of the expenses for the evening.

Our next concert there will be the Mozart Requium in April you can check the www.stpauls.org website for event details.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.