Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please let me know of any condo's you have stayed at in Seaside, Florida. We want to do a family trip there next summer. Thanks!!!
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Condos are few and far between in Seaside and there are none gulf front. Almost all accomodations are houses. If you specifically want a condo you might have better luck in Watercolor (next door to Seaside).

http://www.watercolorvacations.com/

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:05 PM

I believe condos are availabe in Sea Grove nearby.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM

Watercolor is lovely, our entire family went there last August and stayed in a fab condo. We weren't on the water, although the cost was still prohibitive, but the condominium itself (4 bedroom, multiple decks, killer kitchen) was really very nice. The furnishings were not at all "beach resort-y" tasteless. Think Coronado in California, and it looked like some of those homes. . . beautiful! Seaside was a short bike trip away.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:41 PM

Seaside is a planned resort community that is very lovely but also extremely overpriced IMHO. There aren't that many condos.

Seagrove Beach is 3 minutes away from Seaside and has many, many condos. You can walk or drive to Seaside from there. Look at garrettrealty.com for condos.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:05 PM

You probably won't find a bargain in Seaside or Watercolor. For slightly better prices try Seagrove, as mah1980 mentioned, also Blue Mountain, and Grayton. The other thing to keep in mind is that lower fall season rates for most accomodations in that area, including Destin, start the middle of August, sometimes as early as the 12th.

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:56 PM

She didn't say they were looking for a bargain, but it is certainly less expensive after the kids have gone back to school everywhere (with the exception of Labor Day weekend, of course.) We've had our best times in the Fl panhandle in Sept. and Oct. No crowds and great weather.
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 04:18 AM

I'm with you, kswl. I love late September and October at the beach-my favorite times.

I mentioned the fall rates because a lot of families with school aged children can take advantage of fall rates since they start the middle of August (rather than after Labor Day) and a lot of children don't return to school until September. Unlike around here where they return the middle of August.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 08:26 AM

For those interested, all public schools (K-12) in Bay County (Panama City Beach) start back this year around August 1st. Starting in 2007, the school year for ALL Florida public schools (K-12) cannot begin more than two weeks before Labor Day, per legislative action.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 01:32 PM
MSS

Can anyone tell me the temp. of the water in Sept. and October? We usually go further south but would like to try the panhandle area this fall. It looks beautiful.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 02:09 PM

We have stayed in Seaside in the Honeymoon cottages in Oct. and the weather and water temps have been wonderful. We missed last Oct. Oct. is prime hurricane season (also Off season)so you take your chances--buy trip insurance that covers hurricanes.

I also like the Seagrove Beach condos. We rent 10 cottages so Seaside gives us a good rate, but they are expensive. The accommodations in Seaside are private cottages. We love the homes in Watercolor and have watched the Inn being built--it looks lovely.

It is fun to ride bikes up to Grayton Beach and eat at the Red Bar and another open air D&K restaurant.

Seaside is a great walking beach. we walk from Seagrove to Grayton.

We stayed in Destin at the Majestic Sun but now prefer any of the beaches on 30A.

Really great restaurants from the casual Bud and Alleys to the wonderful Cafe 30A, Criolla's and Baruga's.

Great beach and great place to relax.
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks for the info. We will look into sea grove.
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 09:43 AM

Really, Elvin, this is the third ancient post you have bumped. Please quit!