My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Expedia
- 2 New York in 5 days
- 3 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 girls trip / oregon
- 6 I need help
- 7 Vacations in New Orleans
- 8 4 days in Miami
- 9 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 10 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 11 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 12 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 13 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 14 Las Vegas TR
- 15 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 16 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 17 Newport Beach restaurants
- 18 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 19 NY theater district restaurant
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 22 Vegas in February
- 23 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 24 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 25 A Few days in Museums