Notices

3 days in Nashville - Hotel Help

Aug 20th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

3 days in Nashville - Hotel Help

First time visiting Nashville. I will arrive about 9:00pm on 8/23 for 3 days. I would prefer to be downtown, however, no car rental. I thought it would be best to stay near airport at hotel with free airport shuttle for that night. Get up the next morning, take in some sights prior to checking in downtown. (this would save on cost).

Most of the nicer properties downtown are either very expensive or booked. (180.00 per night). What hotels do you recommend?

Is it best to stay near the airport? Can't decide what's the best option. Help!
Aug 20th, 2013, 07:29 PM

When I have traveled to Nashville and not rented a car, I've used the Grayline shuttle to and from the airport. It used to be $20 round trip (if you bought the r/t ticket all at once), but I think it's gone up to $25. I don't really care for the area near the airport but did stay there for one night for the reason you mentioned--a shuttle--at the Hyatt Place, which was nice enough. I had the shuttle take me back to the airport and then caught the Grayline downtown for the rest of my stay.

For downtown properties, I have stayed at the Courtyard, Hampton Inn & Suites, and the Doubletree. If you go further west there is more to choose from--another Hampton and Courtyard, a Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Home2Suites (new Hilton brand), Loews, aLoft, etc. These would be in the Vanderbilt neighborhood. In between there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Best Western although I have never stayed at either.

If you are comfortable with Priceline, you might take a look at that--they changed the Nashville zones and downtown no longer stretches clear out to Vanderbilt. Look at www.biddingfortravel or www.betterbidding.com to get an idea of bids and prices. There might also be something on Travelzoo.
Aug 20th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Original Poster

Awesome musicfan! I will checkout the bidding websites.

Search this Thread