Reload this Page >

Affordable Condo to rent in Oahu for 10 nights

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.
We (2 adults and two teenage daughters) will be traveling to Oahu (Honolulu Area) in the first week of March 2012 and staying for 10 nights. We would appreciate an recommendations that my fellow Fodorites may have.
Regards
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 04:03 AM

Please give us a price range - affordable means different things to different people.
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 07:57 AM

1. What is affordable in terms of dollars?

2. 10 days is a long time in Honolulu. I would seriously consider spending 5 of those 10 days on a different island or another part of Oahu. Very different feel than Honolulu.
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 12:49 PM

waikiki banyan has reasonable prices but they re only 1 bedroom 1 bath. rent thru vrbo or homeaway for good prices...waikiki shore is right on the beach and some are 2 bedroom 1 bath also thru vrbo (vacation rental by owner) but mayn't be what you consider reasonable. 10 days is a lot but if you like shopping and crowded beaches it is the place for you..i find 5 days is good.
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I love Waikiki and can happily spend 10 days there myself. Waikiki Shores is a good suggestion, if you book the condo thru Outrigger Reef hotel (right next door) you get use of the pool there and it's right on the beach at Fort de Russy park.

VRBO is a good suggestion but takes more time and effort to research and find a unit that will be right for you.
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Suze...I find searching VRBO very enjoyable as they have all kinds of pictures of the unit so you know exactly what you are getting. Renting thru Outrigger does give you use of the pool but you do not know what the unit you are renting looks like. It may say park View or Ocean view but what kind of view? No pictures. Pool is nice if you have young children but the ocean is good for me. I was not impressed with the pool at the Outrigger but that might be important to some. I rented a wonderful unit thru VRBO at the Waikiki Shore when I was there in November. It had 2 bedrooms and a long lanai with incredible ocean and park views and I knew exactly what I was getting because of the pictures and comments posted. Lots of choices on VRBO. I have used them many times and have never been disappointed.