Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

2 or 3 most unusual stores or galleries in New Orleans?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 06:50 PM
debbie

o.k....so we're heading to n.o. this weekend, really excited. here's one for you natives (or regulars)... what are the 2 or 3 most unique, interesting, ecclectic, etc. stores or galleries you wouldn't let your visiting friends leave town without seeing?

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 06:59 PM
SharonM

Kruz's is kinda neat...

...as are some of the vintage clothes "boutiques" around it (although you probably won't get any kind of "real deal") Interesting, nonetheless...

...magazine street...

there are so many, debbie...
it depends on what intrigues you.

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 04:19 AM
John

Debbie: many of the boutiques and really neat art stores will be closed on Sunday and Monday because of the holiday. I wouldn't be surprised for some to be closed Saturday as well if the owners are out of town for their own personal celebrations! Just be flexible, though, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the neat shopping in N.O. Be sure to check out lower Decatur Street as well as Chartres and Royal in the Quarter. Magazine's a great suggestion too, particularly the area around 2000 Magazine.

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 07:02 AM
nancie

Do NOT miss the Blue Dog Gallery!!

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 10:22 AM
Rob

American Aquatic Gardens on Elysian Fields between Chartres & Royal....great garden/pond sculptures.
Rob

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Meg

Hi, Debbie! Me again! Check out Harouni Gallery at 829 Royal. He's one of my closest friends and does great work. He will be closed on Sunday and Monday - and I know you're not getting in until sometime Sunday - so if you're still around on Tuesday, definitely look him up and tell him I sent you.

I was thinking about you the other day. Our Sunday newspaper had some of the restaurants' Christmas dinner menus. E-mail me tonight if you want the info. (I'm leaving town tomorrow until Sunday.)

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 06:44 PM
debbie

thanks for the places- I knew you guys wouldn't let me down! meg, have a nice trip.