2 nights in Hana

Mar 3rd, 1998, 01:57 PM
Mark Houghtaling

2 nights in Hana

We are staying our last 2 nights of our honeymoon in Hana in a private cottage called the Tradewinds Cottage. It is secluded and private in a garden setting w/ ocean views. Only thing is there is no A/C. We are going in August so we're not sure about the heat in Hana. Do the tradewinds keep it bearable? Any insight would be appreciated. What are some must do's while we're in Hana? P.S. Any info on the Westin Maui is also helpful. (We're staying there for the first 6 nights in a terrace-view room. I'm a little worried about the view.) Thanks alot.

Aug 15th, 1998, 09:49 PM
Sarah

i really don't think that you will need A/C in Hana. It is cooler there than other parts of the island. The breeze will keep you cool enough.

Aug 17th, 1998, 10:41 PM
Tomi

Don't worry about not having a/c in Hana at all; you don't need it. I've stayed there 3 times in the summer months (at Hana Kai Condos) and never once thought I needed it. By the way, Hana Kai is the closest property to the water and it's view is incredible. I'll be there in2 weeks...can't wait!

Aug 18th, 1998, 10:30 AM
Meg

There is a lady somewhere in Hana that makes Hana Banana Bread (with coconut and macadamia nuts). I've used her recipe - it's great. I can't imagine how good it would be with truly fresh ingredients. Find her and enjoy!

Search this Thread