Reload this Page >

2 Drinks = $46 ...How high is Up?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:08 PM
Frank

For a new personal high, paid $46 for 2 drinks (peanuts not included but tax and tip are)at the bar at the Rainbow Room. Great drink, great view, crazy prices. Beware.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:09 PM
Duh

$46.

That's what you get for going to a has been, washed up joint like the Rainbow Room.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:01 PM
xxx

So what aren't you telling us? Was part of this an entertainment or cover charge? Or was there a two drink minimum that they charged you even though you only had one drink each? Didn't they warn you of the charges?

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:43 AM
x

ttt

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Frank

No entertainment, no minimum, drinks run $17 and up and the place was crowded Sunday evening at 11:30 PM. Guess there isn't much of downturn at the high end places. Just thought I'd let others know in case they are thinking of stop up for a drink while in town.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:34 AM
curious

What did you drink!!!???

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Mike

Good to see the newly imposed tourist tax is working

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:03 AM
al

Yeah, what did you drink? Drinks start at $17? That means a Heineken costs $17?

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:19 AM
nina

Wow. And I thought $ 25.00 for 2 Bombay and Tonics at the W Union Square was high last week!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Frank

Hey Al, Drinks = Cocktail = Mixed Drinks not Beer.

Drank a Drambuie on the rocks and a Bellini. Good Drinks, the Drambuie was a double, but that's the standard drink. Bar food also available, $23 Burger, $32 Prosciutto and Melon are two I remember.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:13 AM
al

Pretty steep, but it is the "legendary" Rainbow Room after all. At least you can say you were there.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Statia

We paid similar prices at the View Lounge atop the Mariott Marquis in April. Of course, we opted for their speciality drinks, which did cost more than their average drinks.

It was a little bit of a pricey hour, but well worth it for the view. We enjoyed it.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Sue

Frank, don't feel bad - we had 2 glasses of wine at Hudson for $25. High priced, although, I have to admit, we really enjoyed relaxing in the outdoor courtyard and it was a nice end to a wonderful day. Try not to focus on the cost (it's too late to do anyhting about it) just remember the experience. Thanks though for warning other travelers, it's nice to know what to expect if you were planning on going to the RR.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:31 PM
radiohead

Rainbow Room Restaurant
30 Rockefeller Plaza, 49th St. between Fifth & Sixth Ave. 212-632-5000. Average main course $35. Dress in high fashion and dance to big bands and mambo music in the Art Deco restaurant with the best views. Contemporary dishes to Baked Alaska.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:32 PM
LookAt

http://www.ny.com/nyc-cgi-bin/frame?...me/dining.html

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:05 AM
x

Top For Lisa

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:13 AM
J Correa

Well Frank, it's your money. If you want to spend it on expensive alcohol, more power to ya!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Billy

My gosh, "well worth it for the view" huh? Saturday afternoon bought a bottle of CROWN @24.50 Costco, a liter of 7-UP for .99. Drove 1.5 hr to our mountain home and sat in hot tub with the most incredible view and sunset imaginable. Total cost: under 30 bucks for SEVERAL good drinks and what a view! A concrete building up high, looking at more buildings (Better views far less cost elsewhere), 46 bucks for TWO drinks and just to say you have been there? Am I missing something here?

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:59 AM
give

Billy: I think you forgot to add in your gas money and MORTGAGE PAYMENT in that equation!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:59 AM
DeeDee

Yes Billy, you are missing something. Rockefeller Center is some of the most expensive real estate in the world. They have to pay the rent some way. The view is one of the very best in the city. Have a great time with your mountain view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -