Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 07:25 PM
Judy

2 bedroom condo in Kauai or big Island

trying to decide on where to go - want great ocean view

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 05:07 AM
sp

Aloha Judy,

Both islands are wonderful destinations and have great condos with beautiful ocean views. When are you planning your vacation? What do you enjoy doing on your vacation?

Let us know more and we will be happy to share our experiences!

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 07:27 AM
JoAnn

go to www.rci.com and go to the directory section. I know you are not asking about timeshares, but these places also rent out their condos. Pictures, descriptions and phone numbers are available with each.

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 08:59 AM
Anna

We are going to Kauai in April and have reserved a 2 bedroom condo at Nihi Kai Villas in Poipu. I haven't been there yet so I can't give feedback, but it was highly recommended by Frommer's. They also rent units at other complexes. Here is a link to their website:
http://poipuaccommodations.com/condos/nihikai.html

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 09:08 AM
Lani

Judy,

If it's your first trip to Hawaii, then I'd recommend Kauai, would stay on the North Shore May - October, the South Shore - November - April. Save the Big Island for your next trip to Hawaii, unless you want to stay at least two weeks and do both!

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 01:42 PM
Kelly

Judy,

We loved the Big Island and stayed in a beautiful oceanfront condo in the Keauhou are just south of Kailua-Kona. The resort complex is called Kanaloa at Kona and much of it is now owned by Outrigger. We rented a privately owned unit through Century 21-Big Island. There are pros and cons either way go. We saved quite a bit of money, but didn't have the updated decor or daily maid service. You can't go wrong either way.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 10:49 AM
KAL

judy...been to kauai 9 times in the past 10 yrs (missed one yr due to "ms. iniki"). we usually stayed at a hotel in kapaa (kapaa is a great central location on kauai)for 3 weeks but this time we split it up and spent the last 10 days in poipu...we found a condo thru sandy at prosser realty in lihue. (i think they have a website).they have properties throughout the island...nice, helpful lady. we stayed at the prince kuho condos which were nice and were only $90/nite...not much of a view...best view was from our bedroom overlooking price kuhio's home and a great little lava rock cove. the condo next door was lawai condos... and they had a nice view...i can't recall the condo across the street from the prince kuhio, but it would be your best bet. right on the ocean...next door to the beachouse restaurant on the road to spouting horn...mahalo

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 05:36 PM
Vicki

Hi Judy. I am going to Kauai for my third time in June. Our first trip, we stayed at the Coco Palms, which is no longer open. Our second trip we stayed at the Nihi Kai Villas, which are at Poipu. We were very impressed and will stay there again in June. They are located at Poipu, across from Brennecke's Beach. Nice pool, paddle ball court, tennis court, BBQ area and beautiful grounds. We rent the 2BR 2BA units. I am renting from the owner for an amazing $525 a week!! The main drawback was that the bathrooms were both downstairs, where both bedrooms are located. Nice lanai upstairs(2) and down. Nice size unit. Easy 1/2 block walk to the beach. Amazingly, this unit is in the same building where we stayed before. email me for further questions. [email protected]