I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family winter holiday
- 2 Our next summer trip
- 3 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 4 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 5 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 6 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 7 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 8 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 9 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 10 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 11 Muir Woods - new rules
- 12 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 13 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 14 Padre Islands
- 15 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 16 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 17 NASHVILLE
- 18 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 19 4 days in San Diego
- 20 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 21 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 22 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 23 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 24 Galveston
- 25 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?