Restaurants ad Bars/pubs in Bryce, Grand Canyon, and Zion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2004, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hsuband and I are headed to GC, Bryce and Zion this summer. Please advise on the best places to eat. Also, are there any bars or pubs in these areas? Nothing like a cold one or two after lots of hiking!! Thanks
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 01:55 AM

Actually, I stayed at the park lodges at both Bryce and Zion, and was perfectly happy with the food and beer/wine there. At Zion, there are some nice little restaurants in Springdale, though we tended to go to them for brunch/lunch after a morning hike rather than for dinner, where we would just stay at the lodge. Can recommend the Mean Bean for great coffee and there were a couple of good cafes right across the road from the Mean Bean with nice shade and good food.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 11:37 AM

There isn't anything like a pub. We've been to all 3, husb. & I have had the most fun sitting on our hotel balcony with a cold one! Or, in Zion on a rock by the Virgin river (may not be legal), or, in GC and Bryce on a bench overlooking the rim (prob. not legal here either). In Springdale a good spot is Zion Pizza and Pasta, it has a little deck out back. Seems to me I remember a nice bar at the Switchback hotel. There's no bar at all at the Zion Lodge, just drinks with dinner.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 12:39 PM

My husband and I enjoyed a dinner at the zion lodge. Sit outside on the deck and make reservation for sunset. It was beautiful to see the sun set right up against the canyon and deer roaming the lawn below...a beautiful place and good food.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 01:21 PM

The food is OK at both lodges -- better in my opinion at Bryce than at Zion, where it was maybe a step above hospital/school cafeteria quality. But if you've done a lot of hiking, it will taste better than it is.

One thought to prepare you. You are in Utah. If you order a second beer, they can't bring it to you or put in on the table until you finish the one you have. You are NOT ALLOWED to have two drinks in front of you at one time.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 01:40 PM

S.Rim....Bright Angel Lounge and a sportsbar by the cafeteria and grocery store back from the rim..
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

That's interesting about the beer limit on the table. Good to know. Thanks for all the tips!! Can't wait to get there!
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 02:14 PM

There's a bar in El Tovar(GC). Also a very good restaurant there.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 02:26 PM

We didn't have a bad meal in Springdale. Cold beer and outstanding burritos at Oscar's, great coffee at the Mean Bean, Bit and Spur had really good food too. (all in Springdale)
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 05:24 PM

Liked El Tovar very much, it was a great place, one of our favorites on our trip. Also liked the Bit & Spur in Springdale. Zion Pizza was good too. BTW, Patrick, we had a pitcher of beer at Zion Pizza, I guess the rule does not apply to beer ;-).