Notices

"Girls Weekend" in Lexington, KY

Apr 27th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

"Girls Weekend" in Lexington, KY

Or perhaps I should say "womens' weekend".
There are definitely MANY places I would prefer to go over Lexington, KY, but for logistical reasons, my BFF (for 40 years) and I are going to meet up in Lexington for a weekend, hopefully, of shopping, eating out and "fun." We are in our mid-50s.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Apr 27th, 2010, 08:25 AM

What sort of eating out? Any particular budget? My brother and sister-in-law went to Malone's steakhouse last weekend and really enjoyed it. Pretty reasonably priced for a steakhouse (and apparently a fairly well known one) - I think they said their bill was $66 for two entrees, a glass of wine and calamari.

Any particular sort of shopping? There's a mall on Nicholasville Road and an outdoor mall in Hamburg Place (north of town), but from what I've seen of both, they're pretty typical suburban shopping areas. If you live in a small town, you might be interested, but if you have a decent mall near you, there's probably not much different. There are a few boutiques I've driven by when I'm visiting family (Bella Rose always looks fun) but I haven't been in any of them to give more specifics.

Search this Thread