Travel Tips & Trip Ideas Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcement:
  • Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Dec 4, 17 at 08:03 PM
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
  1. 1 Trip Report AOL @ PASSWORD Reset CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
  2. 2 Where can you have hang glider while traveling
  3. 3 May 2018
  4. 4 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
  5. 5 Road trip UK to Crete Feb 2018
  6. 6 Hilton grand vacation club yay or nay
  7. 7 Travel through Expedia
  8. 8 Packing Champagne for checked luggage
  9. 9 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
  10. 10 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
  11. 11 Summer trip
  12. 12 Travel Tips For Christmas Vacation
  13. 13 Where should I go for Christmas?
  14. 14 New Member Introduction
  15. 15 TSA Pre-Check Clarification
  16. 16 How to bring Europe home to Philadelphia
  17. 17 Hawaii
  19. 19 Travel socks that actually dry the next day?
  20. 20 Searching for paradise
  21. 21 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
  22. 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
  23. 23 Zika Free Travel in February - Need Ideas!
  24. 24 ANC headphones?
  25. 25 7 Days RV in/out Denver, CO
View next 25 » Back to the top

Travel Dilemma - PLEASE HELP

Jump to last reply

I wasn't sure where to post this but I have a bit of a dilemma regarding my travel plans.

I'm currently an engineering student and I my winter exam period ends on the 3rd of February. This year is the only year where I have the whole of February off and classes start again on the 12th of March where I was planning to take part in a particular volunteer programme in Costa Rica that requires a minimum of 4-weeks.

I was planning on departing from home, London, on the 10th of February to give me a bit of space after my exams and return on the 13th or 15th of March (not too bothered about missing the first week of the second semester).

The problem I have firstly is that I am also currently applying for an industrial placement/internship which usually last 12 months and the interviews for these are sometimes in February. I could also choose to do this volunteer programme in summer however my university term finishes in July and placements usually start in July too meaning that I might not be able to do the volunteer programme for maybe a year or most likely even two.

The second thing is that flights are also around £750, not sure if this is a lot for return flights to Costa Rica but it might be a factor in the decision.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I feel a bit lost

2 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.