My experience might help someone renew their child's passport efficiently.
My eldest daughter is 4 years old and she only had 5 months remaining on her passport. We were to travel to England, Greece and Austria in three weeks. Reading online, it seems like 6 months validity was recommended on her passport but 3 months was necessary. So we were good. Or so I thought.
But as the trip was nearing, I called the airline to confirm that we were ok. They could not say either way. I called the official government website:
after being on hold for a while, the operator told me that I needed to renew my daughter's passport and gave me a date in the Miami location. I chose the first appointment of the day 8:30am, thinking that maybe just maybe they could get me a passport the same day. We don't live in Miami. We are 4 hours away.
I investigated the numerous private agency that promise a passport in 24 hours for 500$, but like it was stated on the official website, the child in question has to be physically present at the appointment. So I concluded that throwing my money at some agency was not going to help me if in the end we still needed to be physically present in Miami. Both parents were present in Miami.
We gave them her old passport, her original birth certificate with a copy, a driver for each of the parents with a copy of it, front and back, passport pictures, a copy of her plane ticket showing that it is in less than 2 weeks.
I had a lot more documents just in case...
Unprompted, the agency told us to come back at 2:30pm to pick up her bran new passport. Et voila.
We might not have needed a new passport, but I am glad it is done nevertheless.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 3 New Member Introduction
- 4 Where can you have hang glider while traveling
- 5 May 2018
- 6 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 7 Road trip UK to Crete Feb 2018
- 8 Hilton grand vacation club yay or nay
- 9 Travel through Expedia
- 10 Packing Champagne for checked luggage
- 11 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 12 Summer trip
- 13 Travel Tips For Christmas Vacation
- 14 Where should I go for Christmas?
- 15 TSA Pre-Check Clarification
- 16 How to bring Europe home to Philadelphia
- 17 Hawaii
- 18 HOW TO PLAN A SOLO VACATION?
- 19 Travel socks that actually dry the next day?
- 20 Searching for paradise
- 21 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Zika Free Travel in February - Need Ideas!
- 24 ANC headphones?
- 25 7 Days RV in/out Denver, CO