I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 HP Installation\set-up Conatct 1800:681:7208 Hp Printer Tec*h care
- 2 HOW TO PLAN A SOLO VACATION?
- 3 TSA Pre-Check Clarification
- 4 Searching for paradise
- 5 Where should I go for Christmas?
- 6 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 7 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 8 Zika Free Travel in February - Need Ideas!
- 9 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 10 Travel socks that actually dry the next day?
- 11 Hawaii
- 12 ANC headphones?
- 13 7 Days RV in/out Denver, CO
- 14 Places to visit in Asia?
- 15 Which Things are necessary to have for outdoor trip
- 16 Travel Dilemma - PLEASE HELP
- 17 Travel between Atlanta-Nasville-Kalamazoo
- 18 Honeymoon Destination
- 19 Itinerary Program Advice
- 20 Christmas in south Spain with couple of trips to Morocco
- 21 Southern California Travel Help
- 22 Solo trip in Iceland
- 23 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 24 4 week travel with teens
- 25 Northern California