I'm looking for some suggestions of things to do / explore in the northern California region. By that, I mean north of SF/Santa Rosa. Some examples are Mt. Shasta, Lassen Volcanic Park, hot springs in Mendocino, etc. We're looking into hikes (snowshoeing), scenic drives, hot springs, cute towns, etc. The catch is, we want to do this in the winter (over the New Years long weekend time frame, about 3-4 days). I understand a lot of streets may be closed in some of the parks, or it might be hard to get around in general. If anyone has done something similar in winter, I'd love to hear about it!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 May 2018
- 2 How many bags does a person own?
- 3 Packing Champagne for checked luggage
- 4 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 5 New Member Introduction
- 6 Where can you have hang glider while traveling
- 7 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 8 Road trip UK to Crete Feb 2018
- 9 Hilton grand vacation club yay or nay
- 10 Travel through Expedia
- 11 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 12 Summer trip
- 13 Travel Tips For Christmas Vacation
- 14 Where should I go for Christmas?
- 15 TSA Pre-Check Clarification
- 16 How to bring Europe home to Philadelphia
- 17 Hawaii
- 18 HOW TO PLAN A SOLO VACATION?
- 19 Travel socks that actually dry the next day?
- 20 Searching for paradise
- 21 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Zika Free Travel in February - Need Ideas!
- 24 ANC headphones?
- 25 7 Days RV in/out Denver, CO