We (my husband, my son (age 16) and myself are looking for ideas for a beach holiday with interesting outing possibilities (e.g. visiting historical or nature sites, towns or cities with markets, clothing shopping, good restaurants) in late Oct. for about 7-10 days. We are based in Europe.
All three of us like beach vacations but we can't sit on the beach everyday and like to go see interesting things in the area. None of us really like areas whose tastes are geared towards mass tourism (esp. not when it comes to the restaurants). Since we are traveling with our 16 yr old, secluded single/honeymoon beaches/hotel resorts don't come in question.
Our budget is also limited to about $4,000.
Places we are thinking about:
Cyprus (con: $$$), somewhere in the Caribbean (con: hurricane season), Crete (con: end of season?), Canary Islands (con: mass tourism?)....
Can anyone help us out with some ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER # InstallationCONTACT☎1888 279 0246 ☎ EPSON Tec*h 24*7
- 2 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 3 May 2018
- 4 Where can you have hang glider while traveling
- 5 Road trip UK to Crete Feb 2018
- 6 Hilton grand vacation club yay or nay
- 7 Travel through Expedia
- 8 Packing Champagne for checked luggage
- 9 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 10 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 11 Summer trip
- 12 Travel Tips For Christmas Vacation
- 13 Where should I go for Christmas?
- 14 New Member Introduction
- 15 TSA Pre-Check Clarification
- 16 How to bring Europe home to Philadelphia
- 17 Hawaii
- 18 HOW TO PLAN A SOLO VACATION?
- 19 Travel socks that actually dry the next day?
- 20 Searching for paradise
- 21 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Zika Free Travel in February - Need Ideas!
- 24 ANC headphones?
- 25 7 Days RV in/out Denver, CO