In the past, I've been OK with taking a converter and an adapter for my trips to France. I even purchased a French-plug hairdryer in Avignon at Monoprix! However, on my last trip to Paris in May of this year, I was dismayed to find out (and I know I should have checked) that the converter did not accept 3 prong (or grounded) plugs. I wanted to plug in my laptop and couldn't. I was bummed.
I think, after doing some research, that my converter wouldn't have been the best one for a laptop anyway? It has a Hi-Lo switch, which I think is good for smaller appliances.
I'm leaving for Paris in one month and will be taking a laptop again (need to do homework while on vacation, sadly). I'm having trouble finding a converter that will accept the 3 prong (or grounded) plugs from the U.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a converter that has the 3 prong hole already? I don't think it's particularly safe for me to purchase a 2-to-3 prong adapter (similar to the ones that you can purchase at Home Depot, etc.), but I could be wrong.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER # InstallationCONTACT☎1888 279 0246 ☎ EPSON Tec*h 24*7
- 2 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 3 May 2018
- 4 Where can you have hang glider while traveling
- 5 Road trip UK to Crete Feb 2018
- 6 Hilton grand vacation club yay or nay
- 7 Travel through Expedia
- 8 Packing Champagne for checked luggage
- 9 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 10 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 11 Summer trip
- 12 Travel Tips For Christmas Vacation
- 13 Where should I go for Christmas?
- 14 New Member Introduction
- 15 TSA Pre-Check Clarification
- 16 How to bring Europe home to Philadelphia
- 17 Hawaii
- 18 HOW TO PLAN A SOLO VACATION?
- 19 Travel socks that actually dry the next day?
- 20 Searching for paradise
- 21 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Zika Free Travel in February - Need Ideas!
- 24 ANC headphones?
- 25 7 Days RV in/out Denver, CO