My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Searching for paradise
- 2 TSA Pre-Check Clarification
- 3 HOW TO PLAN A SOLO VACATION?
- 4 Where should I go for Christmas?
- 5 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 6 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 7 Zika Free Travel in February - Need Ideas!
- 8 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 9 Travel socks that actually dry the next day?
- 10 Hawaii
- 11 ANC headphones?
- 12 7 Days RV in/out Denver, CO
- 13 Places to visit in Asia?
- 14 Which Things are necessary to have for outdoor trip
- 15 Travel Dilemma - PLEASE HELP
- 16 Travel between Atlanta-Nasville-Kalamazoo
- 17 Honeymoon Destination
- 18 Itinerary Program Advice
- 19 Christmas in south Spain with couple of trips to Morocco
- 20 Southern California Travel Help
- 21 Solo trip in Iceland
- 22 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 23 4 week travel with teens
- 24 Northern California
- 25 Itinerary Planning Apps