Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

Where to travel in June 2025? South America, Europe, or Southeast Asia

Old Jun 16th, 2024, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the early stages of planning an approx. 14-day trip in June 2025. I will be traveling with a friend. We are both in our early 30s. We are both teachers and are limited to June/July travel due our school schedules. Im trying to determine where would be best to go that time of year.
We enjoy architecture, museums, food, outdoor scenery (mountains, lakes, forests, etc.), and hiking.
We are pretty active and move at a quick pace. Past trips together include Costa Rica, Slovenia/Croatia, and England.

We will probably focus on two countries. Some places we are considering:
  • South America - Peru (Amazon, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu), Columbia (Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena), Brazil (Rio De Janeiro, Iguaz˙ Falls)
  • Europe - Ireland (Dublin, Cliffs Moher, scenic drives like Ring of Kerry) and Iceland (Ring road)
  • Southeast Asia - Vietnam (probably northern/central), Thailand (Chiang Mai, beaches), Singapore
If there is a better forum to post in for a question like this, let me know. Most seemed continent/country specific.

Thank you!
Old Jun 16th, 2024, 09:58 PM
kja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would find the heat and humidity of SE Asia unbearable in June or July; YMMV.

I think it would be overly ambitious to try to combine Peru with any other country in just two weeks. There's too much to see in Peru itself (click on my name to find my trip report, if you want) and transportation between places takes too much time.

Sorry, I can't speak to any of your other ideas.

Best wishes!