Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

What is the best air mattress on the market?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need one for an upcoming ski trip because my kids don't want to share a bed and upgrading to a two bedroom unit is a bit too expensive. We owned one about fifteen years ago, and it was very junky. I would like to invest in a good one so I can use it for trips and sleepovers in the future. SimplySleeper has very high reviews. Has anyone ever used it? Any other recommendations? Thanks.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM

AeroBed is supposed to be good.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 07:48 PM

We really like our AeroBed; we have a queen size, it inflates/deflates quickly. After many years it has a small hole which we were able to successfully repair. It is a bit heavy to carry but I think it is worth the investment. Costco has the best prices for the Aeros or you can use a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 11:30 AM

I've had a few different kinds (Coleman and other less expensive brands) and have found AeroBed to be best. AeroBeds do cost twice as much as the competitors, but it is worth it to me.

The AeroBed has a built-in electric pump versus some that have battery-powered pumps or must be inflated with a vacuum cleaner. The mattress is thicker and so offers more comfort. AeroBed also comes with a nice padded cover to go on the mattress before you put on the sheets, which offers better comfort than sheets directly on the plastic mattress. The AeroBed comes with a fabric storage bag for easy transport.

Sorry, I can't advise about SimplySleeper, but my description should give you some features to watch for that I have found to be of value.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

It seems that I should give AeroBed a serious consideration. Thanks a lot, everybody.