Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   What's next on your travel bucket list? (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/whats-next-on-your-travel-bucket-list-1704507/)

Shoukrun Jan 26th, 2022 02:47 PM

What's next on your travel bucket list?

I am currently planning my next trip to Mallorca, Spain and am super excited I get to cross it off the bucket list! I'm curious to hear where everyone wants to travel to next :)

Melnq8 Jan 26th, 2022 03:41 PM

I don't have a bucket list, but I'm hoping we get to Portugal this year. We've had to cancel twice now. Also hoping to get to the Dolomites, after having to cancel our trip this past December.

I'm tired of cancelling trips. Not that I'm alone, mind you.

Shoukrun Jan 26th, 2022 03:58 PM

Nice sounds like a good time! I've had to cancel once already and it's a pain I agree. I've been spending my time exploring new places with a travel website a friend shared.

Moderator3 Jan 26th, 2022 04:01 PM

Moved to Travel Tips and Trip Ideas

Shoukrun Jan 26th, 2022 04:03 PM

Thanks for moving it I'm new to this site and still getting used to it :)

sassy27 Jan 27th, 2022 03:37 PM

I have bucket list but none are next. I am only trying to do a re-do trip next as last year it was just an awful experience and I didn’t even get to leave my home state. So if that goes ok and a little further out counts, I am hoping for Alaska next year. I’ve wanted to try and see the aurora borealis in Finland but have shifted to Alaska. Both would be new to me so I would gladly accept either.

HappyTrvlr Jan 28th, 2022 01:18 PM

We had hoped to go to the Canadian Rockies before COVID hit, Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise etc..so maybe we will finally go there when things are safe to travel again.

DGCommittee Jan 29th, 2022 07:03 AM

Switzerland and Montenegro

dreamon Jan 29th, 2022 04:02 PM

What's next on your travel bucket list? The supermarket without a mask and a phone for the QR code checkin. Feeling very despondent.

But if I could wave a magic wand it would be Italy, Greece, or New Zealand.

HappyTrvlr Feb 1st, 2022 11:37 AM

Also adding Iceland as we had to cancel a trip there in June 2020.

Nicolettaaa Apr 6th, 2022 03:01 AM

I would love to plan my next travel in Edinburgh and Aberdeen as soon as possible, I'm so thrilled!

JessikaR Apr 6th, 2022 12:01 PM

I have a pretty big bucket list, but right now I am trying to stay within my continent of North America. I have a goal of 10 new places to visit before crossing the oceans. My next place is Mexico, though I am not sure exactly where in Mexico as I am still planning and trying to get my passport.

Lady May 29th, 2022 12:47 PM

Petra and Israel. We were actually ON THE WAY in 2020 (via cruise ship) when Israel closed down and US borders were closing. We disembarked in Barcelona and managed to get flights back to the States. Getting back to Florida from NYC was an entirely different story!! We finally get that long-awaited trip in January.

shelemm May 30th, 2022 10:21 AM

We had a trip planned to Greece, Bulgaria and Romania that got postponed, so that is likely to be our next big trip.

olivierbourgeois5276 Jun 8th, 2022 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shoukrun (Post 17326705)
I am currently planning my next trip to Mallorca, Spain and am super excited I get to cross it off the bucket list! I'm curious to hear where everyone wants to travel to next :)

La Réunion and Madagascar next september

jacketwatch Jul 10th, 2022 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lady (Post 17367264)
Petra and Israel. We were actually ON THE WAY in 2020 (via cruise ship) when Israel closed down and US borders were closing. We disembarked in Barcelona and managed to get flights back to the States. Getting back to Florida from NYC was an entirely different story!! We finally get that long-awaited trip in January.

Petra for us as well. We’ve been to Israel before but would love to see Petra.

HappyTrvlr Jul 12th, 2022 08:03 AM

We took a Jordan extension with our trip to Egypt. To see Petra well, don’t visit it from a cruise ship. The differences in our experiences staying adjacent to the park and friends who were on a cruise excursion could not compare.

JamesKhan1 Aug 1st, 2022 02:15 AM

Hawaii and Japan are definitely up there. Long trips though! We have a daughter so would need to stop along the way.

I enjoy the thought of saving up for a further 'destination' trip - and finally booking it. Maybe something for the big 40!