Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

We were talking about how everyone was sick in the last months of 2019 and early 2020

We were talking about how everyone was sick in the last months of 2019 and early 2020

Old Oct 10th, 2020, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were talking about how everyone was sick in the last months of 2019 and early 2020. I wonder how many people had corona and didnít even know. Literally all our kids on the tball team were sick. I got sick in November and had a cough for over a month.
Old Oct 11th, 2020, 10:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We did a ZOOM with the group we traveled with in January 2020 and the majority admitted they had had coughs and thought they may have had COVID before or during the trip.
Old Oct 11th, 2020, 11:06 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Both myself and my travel companion got sick after returning from Spain in March. I got sick 13 days after getting home, but my husband got sick in my absence, so I'm pretty sure he gave his crud to me and not vice versa. He wasn't on the trip. He later had the COVID antibodies test which was negative, so we figure we just had the usual creeping crud.

It's not that surprising that so many people were sick, as cold and flu season peaks in the US between December and February.
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do believe it was in Europe during December. The cases in Germany were traced back to a parts manufacturer where Asian engineers had been visiting. A flight attendant said crews were getting sick in December and they were tested for flu but it wasn't. She stopped flying internationally. I was sick in December after being at the Christmas markets. Fever, cough and felt like someone was sitting on my chest. The 24 hour musinex they sell plus a cough medicine helped but slept on the sleeper sofa so husband would not wake with my hacking. I just never wanted to spend 119 for the antibody test. My NY relatives had it in Feb. One attended a convention in Vegas a week after the electronic convention where many from China attended. They traced it back to that week there on 60 minutes. I think it has been out there for a while.
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 11:33 PM

Maybe it was due to the weather that's why a lot got sick.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 03:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=NorenePalmer;17167366]Maybe it was due to the weather that's why a lot got sick.[/QUOT

Many were tested for flu and it came back negative. I had a cough for a month. I had flu shot in Sept last year. It was the chest thing and not being able to breathe that scared me.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

I had the Corona Virus in December.

I had the Corona Virus in December. My friends were all struck down in late November / December with a strange, but not a flu, not a cold like illness. I had had my yearly flu jab. I know this virus was here earlier than reported. We are all playing catch up.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 07:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Wife had cataract surgery in a hospital in Queretaro, Mexico in January. Queretaro is a significant international manufacturing center with many suppliers/manufacturers being based in Asia. Anyway, 10 days after her surgery she was sick as hell. Then me, as sick as I'd been in almost ever. Her cough lasted 3-4 months. I think the only typical symptom we didn't have was loss of smell/taste, but we didn't eat much if at all anyway. I had read where some results of some cancer screenings in Italy back in September had some covid antibodies. So who knows.